He takes too long in the shower probably and only throws on a loose pair of sweatpants. His wet hair falls to his shoulders and drips down his bare chest. He walks back to his room and sees Louis lying across his bed, tea sitting on his night stand.

"Hey. Your tea is there. Come cuddle and tell me what's wrong," Louis says, patting the spot next to him in Harry's bed. Harry slowly walks over and crawls over so he's cuddled up right next to his side. Louis just pulls him close and turns so they're spooning and his fingers gently draw patterns on Harry's exposed chest.

"I just didn't feel well today," Harry admits. He closes his eyes as Louis continues to hold him.

"Why not? What happened?" Louis wonders and Harry just sighs and shakes his head slightly.

"Well I mean you left. That really hurt. I missed you," Harry whispers. Louis' hands freeze, but then he pulls him closer.

"I'm sorry. I had to figure somethings out, but what I did wasn't fair. I'm sorry, Harry," the boy apologizes and it's the most sincere apology Harry's probably ever received.

"That's okay. You being here now helps," Harry breathes and then he slowly turns so he's facing the blue eyed boy. Louis is just looking at him, his eyes never leaving his.

Harry thinks about the kiss. It was like it never happened, but it did. It did happen and maybe Harry wants it to happen again. A kiss without his groggy state or Louis' rush of courage. A kiss that will linger. A kiss they can actually talk about. Harry's eyes flick down to Louis' thin pink bubble gum lips and he swallows hard.

"Don't kiss me if you're only doing it to forget him," Louis speaks and Harry's eyes dart back up to meet his.

"What?" He replies stupidly and Louis just looks down, his brow furrowing.

"Don't kiss me only because you miss him. I'm not going to be your replacement for that psychopath. Kiss me if you want to kiss me not Chad."

Harry pauses and he thinks. Is he using Louis to replace him? Is Louis using him to replace Jeff? Are they just using each other?

"I never said you'd be my replacement-"

"I know. Obviously you'd never say that, but it's there. When you miss him or we talk about him you cuddle and hug me. You kiss me in the morning after a night of dreaming of him. I'm not him, Harry," Louis speaks and his eyes never leave Harry's as the words tumble from his mouth.

"Can't you say the same about Jeff?" Harry rebuttals and Louis snorts and sits up, his arms unwrapping themselves from Harry and leaving him cold.

"No, you can't. Jeff is my best friend, Harry. I'm not using you because you will never be that for me. You will never be my best friend. No matter how much I trust you and talk to you and enjoy you, you will never compete with him. I know that. I don't want you to be my best friend," Louis shoots back and Harry curls into himself and feels the hurt pang at his heart.

"What do you want from me then?" He asks and Louis looks torn on what his answer will be. He bites his lip and his eyes sink down to his hands.

"I want whatever you want. I want you happy. I want you to get over someone that you were too great for. Holy fuck, Harry, I just want you!" Louis bursts. "Isn't that obvious? I go home everyday and cry and go to therapy and the one bright spot of everything is you. You don't hurt me like the others. You remind me of him for all his great things and everyone else just makes me stomach feel hallow. I want you and you want him and that's the way it is."

Harry just watches Louis with his mouth wide. Louis wants him? He feels like he can't piece together the puzzle in his brain and his heart feels like lead. How can Louis want him? No one wants him. Not even the boy that he loved. He was not good enough for Chad and Louis is so much more than he ever was.

"You can't want me. You deserve better and I'm just not that. I'm not going to make you happy. I can't make anyone happy. I'm not good enough for you," Harry whispers and Louis snorts and shakes his head.

"Maybe you're right. I'm not here to place second to him anymore," Louis mumbles. He stands to his feet and Harry can feel the world just stop. He can only focus on Louis leaving again and that hurts so much.

Right now Louis is what keeps him sane. Louis keeps him from floating away. Louis holds his hand and checks on him. Louis laughs at his jokes and smiles like the world is perfect whenever he sees Harry. Harry helps him. Harry can save him. Harry wants to save Louis and he wants Louis to do the same for him.

He grabs his arm and Louis turns to him with narrowed eyes, but Harry just stands up and places his hands on his curvy waist. The whole thing just fits, like Louis' waist was meant to be held by Harry and his sharp blue eyes were meant to gaze into his soft green ones.

"You're not second. How could you ever see yourself as a second when you're a first place prize?" Harry whispers and Louis rolls his eyes, but doesn't try and move away from the other boy. Harry decides he's just awful with words and leans down to gently kiss the boy. Their lips barely even touch and Harry's shaking because this is it. This is the moment.

"You're not even kissing me, idiot," Louis whispers against his lips and for whatever reason that brings Harry to life and he smiles as he moves in closer and presses himself closer. His bare chest presses against Louis' soft sweater and his hands move to slip underneath and feel his warm skin. Louis' hands are tangled in his hair and he tastes like peppermint which Harry loves. Louis nips softly at his bottom lip before slowly pulling away and Harry doesn't want this to end.

"Louis-" he starts.

"At least you got my name right this time," Louis laughs and Harry rolls his eyes and leans down to kiss him again because why not? Louis looks shocked at the last kiss which makes Harry smirk and he leans down again, but Louis moves his face.

"Don't do this unless-"

"Unless I want to?"

"Want to with me," Louis corrects and his eyes again meet Harry's and they scan his face for the truth.

"Right now there's no one- dead or alive - I'd rather kiss," Harry tells him and it's honestly the 100% truth.