2.9

Chapter 29

Max's POV

After trying to sleep for a few hours, I had come to the conclusion that that wasn't going to happen, opting to just watch Luke sleep.

His arms were wrapped around me in a death grip, our chests pressed firmly together. His chest rising and falling, his nostrils flaring with each breath.

I smiled slightly at the fluttering of his eyelashes against his cheeks. I tangled my fingers into his hair, rubbing gently.

Luke lightly groaned, leaning into my hand in his sleep. I giggled slightly, continuing to move my fingers.

I spent the whole night like that, gently running my hands through his hair and watching him sleep.

His eyes began fluttering, as he groaned and pulled me closer, his eyes slowly opening.

"Boo." I breathed, listening to his raspy chuckle.

"You're supposed to be horrified, not laughing." I pouted, rubbing my thumb across his cheek.

"Oh sorry, can we try again? You're just so cute I got distracted." He mumbled, his tone still gritty and sleep filled.

"Okay, but only for you." I smiled.

"Close your eyes." I whispered, watching his eyes shut slowly, before opening again.

"Boo." I repeated, giggling as he let out a girly shriek.

"Better?" He asked.

"Much better. Thank you." I laughed.

"Anything for you babe. What time is it?" Luke muttered, reaching for his phone.

"It's 3 o'clock. And we're all leaving in like 5 ish hours, to go trick or treating and clubbing. So we should probably go eat." He rambled.

"What does any of that have to do with eating?" I questioned, letting out a little laugh.

"Oh, nothing, I'm just really hungry." He shrugged, pressing his lips to my neck and nibbling playfully.

"Fair enough, let's go then." I giggled, wiggling out of his grip and standing up.

"Baaaabbbeee." He whined, rolling over to face me.

"Luuukkeee." I mocked, pulling my jeans up my legs. He pouted at me, pulling the covers over his head.

"Cmon sleepyhead, I thought you were hungry." I giggled, pulling a new shirt over my head, and watching him throw the covers off of his body with and exasperated sigh.

"If I must." He grumbled, standing slowly and stretching his arms above his head with a groan. He rubbed his sleepy eyes, as I took in how disheveled his hair looked after my fingers had wound in it all night.

"What is this? 'If I must.' You were the one that was hungry, mister." I teased, poking his chest with my index finger.

"I know, but I'm tired and I wanna cuddle." He shrugged, struggling to pull his jeans up his legs. He frowned in the mirror at his hair.

"I've got a serious case of bed head, and I believe it's your fault babe." He laughed, tugging his fingers through his blonde locks and wincing when he hit a knot.

"My fault?" I gasped, pretending to be shocked by his accusation.

"Yeah, your fault. You had your fingers in my hair all night." He pointed out, finally forming his hair up into his quiff.

"Fine then. I shall never do it again." I teased, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Noooo baaabbeeee, you know that's not what I mean." He whined, moving forward to press a kiss to my cheek.