You'll Always Be On My Mind

*Takes place a few days after season 1, before season 2. Told from Akane's point of view.*

I stop dead in my tracks as a gunshot rings through the air. "Kougami-san, no!" I shout, dropping to my knees. The pressure put on my bruises send shots of sore pain through my legs as the remaining sounds from the gun shot fade.

I sit there in silence. I know what happened. I failed, I think as the oats gently sway around me in the wind. He's going to be executed, I realize. My grip on my Dominator loosens.

I look up in time to see a sheet of total black sweeping over the land. It blots out the sky and everything else as it spreads towards me. A strong sense of terror grips me as I stand up shakily. I turn and run as the blackness advances further.

I feel a cold tapping on my ankle. I turn my head to see the shadowy tendrils from this blackness tapping and curling around my left ankle. I try to run faster and yank my ankle out of its grasp, but it wraps itself around me, expanding to wrap up my calf. It feels as though these tentacle-like things are repeatedly stabbing me with blades of jagged ice where they touch my skin. My leg goes numb with pain. It pulls my leg out from underneath me, stretching to fully engulf my leg and spread to my other one.