12.

What was he doing here? Why was he here? Nervousness ran through me.

"That's me", he laughed. His laugh was so still the same, lovely.

"W-what are you doing here?", I tried to get out.

"Nice to see you too", he chuckled.

"Sorry, I didn't mean it like that. It's just I haven't seen you since we, ya know, broke up and I moved.", I spoke looking down.

"Yeah I know.", he spoke quietly, "But I just moved down here a few weeks ago and had no idea you lived here too".

God his accent was hypnotising. Something about British guys that just make me get goose bumps.

"Oh well that's nice", I said awkwardly.

He walked over and hugged me, taking me by surprise.

"God I've missed you", he whispered in my ear.

He released his grip as I could see a tall figure hovering over me. It was Jack.

"Hey Lydia", he spoke to me.

I could tell he was confused and a little jealous.

"Hi I'm Tyler"

He put his hand out for Jack to shake.
Jack shook his hand giving a fake smile, jaw clenched.

"I'm Jack."

Things were starting to get really awkward. I was getting really nervous but all I could think of was how I had to use the bathroom.

"Um I have to use the restroom, I'll be right back. Will you guys be ok talking with each other??", I nervously asked.

They both nodded with smiles. Jack's more of a fake one, but a smile.

{Gilinsky's Pov}

Who was this guy and why was he hugging Lydia? I'm not exaggerating when I say the hug he gave he was very long and meaningful.

"So how do you know Lydia?", I spoke breaking the silence.

"Um ya know, we had a past. She was the one that got away.", he stated simply, "How about you?"

I needed to be strategic about this. If I tell him I'm her boyfriend he may confine certain information. I wanted to know this guy's intentions.

"I'm her... cousin.", I bluntly said.

I was pathetic for lying and trying to be nosy. But I felt like something wasn't right about this guy.

"So what did you mean when you said she was the one that 'got away'??", I asked curiously.

He slightly chuckles, " She was my one true love, honestly. Everything about her was, still is, perfect. But she had to move from New York to, well here and yeah. We didn't want to do long distance because it would suck to much to be apart, so we ended things. But I still love her, and want her back.", he explained.

Woah I did not expect that. Too bad he can't get her back, or can he? If he was really her true love , would she dump me for him? Frustration and anger filled my vains. Should I come clean about being her boyfriend, or just okay it out?

"So is she single", he asked interrupting my thoughts, "I wanna try to win her back."

Dang his accent was intriguing. How could she not go back to him??

Before I could answer, Lydia returned.

"Hey we gotta get going", she said to me smiling.

I look down at her then at Tyler.

"It was nice seeing you again", she said giving him another hug. This one seemed to last longer than the last. My jaw tightly clenched.

She flashed him a smile, and he did the same in return.

"Nice meeting you", I spoke as I turned walking back to our towels and stuff.

Lydia followed behind me after a minute.

"What were you doing?", I asked giving a smile.

"Oh he asked for my number so he could text me and we can catch up", she simply said packing the towels.

I just continued packing not saying anything.

"Don't take it the wrong way Jack", she assuring me.

But how couldn't I knew when he was planning to try and win her back?

We finished packing the beach stuff and headed to the jeep. It was a pretty silent walk there.

She threw the things in the trunk and got in the passenger seat. I got in the drivers and started the car, pulling out.

"Let's go to your house", she suggested looking out the window.

I nodded. My maybe she could tell I was slightly jealous and upset and wanted to talk.

(OK GUYS HERES ANOTHER UPDATE, WELL AN ACTUAL UPDATE LOL A FILLER AND IM FREAKING BC THIS STORY HAS OVER 1K READs IF YA DIDNT KNOW LIKE THATS AMAZING.

PEOPLE ARE ADDING THIS BOOK TO THEIR LIBRARY SO THAT MUST MEAN THIS STORY ISNT FLOPPING TOO BAD

SORRY IF YOU DONT LIKE THAT FACT THAT I ADDED A NEW CHARACTER BUT I JUST THOUGHT IT WAS TIME TO SPICE THINGS UP I GUESS IDK

DRAMA IS SOON TO COME IN FUTURE CHAPTERS

SHARE THIS BOOK WITH A FRIEND AND VOTE VOTE VOTE AND COMMENT GIVING FEEDBACK. THAT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED :)))

And if you actually read these like footnotes or authors notes i write (idek what it's called yikes) then u are a real G