Surprises never end with me and you

HUMANITY'S EPIPHANY TWITTER ACCOUNT NAME: Datherinefic / Okay my lovelies! I am back with another chapter and this one is sweet, simple and I hope that you like it! I worked really hard and I genuinely hope you enjoy!
---
"Can you be my nightingale? Sing to me, I know you're there. You could be my sanity. You bring me peace, sing me to sleep. Can you be my nightingale?" ~ Nightingale by Demi Lovato
---
"Your daughter?" Damon asked, his gaze flicking over to Katherine for a second before fixating back on the girl in front of him.

He couldn't believe it, it'd been so long since Katherine had told him she'd had a daughter. It was back in 1864 and the two of them had been lounging about in bed watching the sun peek in through the windows as they shared stories of their lives and upbringings.

He remembered the story with perfect clarity specifically for just how emotional Katherine had gotten when she'd told it. It had been the first time Damon had ever seen her cry, even if it was only a single tear, it had been the first time Katherine had seemed even remotely human.

It was impossible to think that this woman, standing no more than twenty feet away from him, was the very same as the stolen babe from Katherine's story.

He took a minute, his eyes roaming over Nadia slowly, taking in her sharp, dark brown eyes and perfectly curled tresses. He mentally kicked himself as it became all too clear who she'd reminded him of before. She was the spitting image of her mother. Not like Elena was, no. No, Nadia was certainly no doppelgänger. Her resemblance was much more natural and heart warming. Small traces of Katheine hidden in plain sight, Damon easily finding more and more the longer he looked at her.

She was beautiful. She looked so, so very much like Katherine and for that, she was beautiful.

Katherine smiled at Damon, an odd sense of pride filling her as he continued to look at Nadia with an expression of awe.

Suddenly she heard something shift, the sound of cloth rubbing together causing her attention to switch to the girl Damon had brought with him, her mood souring significantly as she looked at the strange woman with disdain.

"Damon," Katherine spoke, her arms crossing as she continued to stare, "Who is this?" she asked.

Damon turned, his eyes following Katherine's line of sight, finally remembering Charolette who was still standing by the door.

"Oh." he cursed, his head shaking as he gestured to the smiling girl.

"Charolette," he said, preparing to make his own introductions.

"This is Katherine." he announced, moving his hand to rest comfortably on Katherine's waist, a small smile coming to his lips as she leaned into him before turning and looking at Nadia, "And this is-" he trailed off, still not completely able to believe just who she was.

"Her daughter." Charolette finished for him, her signature smile still resting on her lips as she chuckled at him, her face turning a bit shy as she turned to look at Katherine nervously.

"So," she said, taking a few steps forward, "This is Katherine.." she spoke, noting the arm Damon had wrapped securely around Katherine's waist, her lips seeming like they wanted to frown for a second before she smiled brightly, offering out a hand.

"It's nice to meet you." Charolette said genuinely, "Damon's told me a lot about you." she said happily.

Katherine ignored her hand, her arms not bothering to uncross as she smiled back politely, "Has he?" she asked, her voice sounding stale as she laughed lightly, "Gosh you know, I wish I could say the same thing about you." she said, the room tensing up a bit at the obvious dismissal.