Chapter 1 A Pair of Glasses, A Bench, and Headphones.

The glasses. God no.

About an hour ago, you found out that you're near sighted. No big deal right? Then The doctor said the deformation was Terminal. You're never going to have normal vision again. Ever. You look like a total dork too. The last thing you needed was to draw attention to yourself with these stupid glasses.

"Well, you do look like...," Your best friend, Kanaya pauses. You went to her immediately for advice after your visit to the Optometrist. "What is the term? Oh!" She snaps her fingers mid sentence. "A hipster, I believe is the name!"

You sigh, hopelessly. "I look like Eridan don't I?" Eridan Ampora, of all people. Your cousin. You hate how much you look alike, yet it was ironic how the two of you were complete opposites personality wise.

"Yes! I-I don't mean that in a bad way," She searches for a comeback, to make you feel better, but the situation is hopeless.

School on Monday has been hell so far for you. You've been getting looks, heard whispers of conversations, and been 'Today's news' as Kanaya referred to it. Now it's lunch, and you sit alone in the school courtyard. Kanaya went off to attend her weekly Sewing club meeting, and because of your bitter and aggressive personality, you are alone. You watch the other groups of teenagers from your spot on the outside of the quad. No matter how much you hated cliche'd teen movies, the things they said about how teens classify themselves is true. You spotted your cousin, trying to flirt with some girls at a table near by and laugh to yourself a bit as they all flee the table as if it had been infested with some kind of insect.

The bench next to you is unoccupied so you decide to stretch out along the length of it. You pull a sketchbook out of your bag and continue a drawing you started earlier. It was a design for a tattoo you wanted on your left arm. It was a spider with beautiful intricate embellishments. You're not sure why you wanted it. But it reminded you of something that you couldn't quite place. A sudden tap at your legs, startles you. Your notebook drops to the floor along with the various drawing utensils that you were balancing on your stomach.

"Mind if I sit here?" A pair of dull blue eyes meets yours in a state of boredom. The girl practically sits on your legs as you pull them out of the way.

"Well, I guess not if you're just gonna sit down..." You reply, leaning over to pick up your art supplies. She doesn't reply instead looks off into the distance, her ears covered with a pair of over the ear headphones. The music she was playing horribly loud, you could barely concentrate.

"So you come over here, make me move, and play the most obnoxious music you can without so much as introducing yourself!" You rant. You continue to ramble until you realize that she obviously couldn't hear you because of that stupid music! You groan in despair. Could this week get any worse? Not long after you get up to leave, gathering your supplies into a pile that you hugged close to your chest. God, she was rude... But attractive? Wait, what? No! One; you don't even know this girl, Two, She's totally obnoxious! And three? You couldn't think of a third reason not to like her. But it would come to you eventually!