Chapter 2

Today it's Sunday, it is actually a Sunny day, but here I'm lying on the sofa swapping between channels on our flat TV.
Nobody's home except for dad and me.
Goooosh I'm so bored.

I leave the sofa and going to my room to change.

Next to the wardrobe the card that Andrew Hemmings gave me is lying.

I pick it up and slowly thinking to myself, At least I can try, maybe I get to see Luke then.
Returning to clothes. I'm picking some highwhaisted shorts and a tank top.
Let's get tanned.

Meanwhile I brush my teeth I send a text wondering what my friends are up to.

Nobody answers.

Well, they're probably very busy with the homework that is supposed to be turned in on Thuesday, I lie to myself.
As the Good girl I am I've already done it.

I glance a my phone a last time, maybe they have answered without me noticing.
No, okay.

Dad, I'm taking Polly for a walk! I scream as I put the leash on.
Greate! He answers still reading the newspaper.

Sun is shining, I'm not happy.

Girls groups walking past me really loudly, many of them know me, I know them.
I can feel they're watching. It's not that I'm bullied, I got some friends but I'm their second choise after their best friend.
This is a small town and people know eachother.

I look at Polly. Well you like me.

I know there is a dogpark with fence very close, so I decide to go there.
When I almost there I get a text, my hopes comes back. Maybe Cortney is texting me back!

It's from my mum asking what I do.

I sigh and starts to answer at the same time I reach for the gate and laying my hans on the the little opening thing, but instead of feeling the hard cold steel I feel something soft and warm, a hand!

I look up to meet a pair of blue eyes.
I gasp.

It's Luke!!! My heart wants to scream out.

Both pulls our hands back imidiatley.
It's a funny thing how we both blush at the same time...of course it would be wierd If he starts and when he stops I start....Anyways.

Hi, I say
Hi he says and smiles as he opens the gate. Polly and his dog race in while we're holding the leashes and we bump into each other in the small gate.
Ouch
Ouch
Oh I'm so sorry!
No I am sorry!

We quickly release our dogs and then we sit down at a old green bench that's about to fall apart in any second.
He sits leaning forward with his elbows on his knees, pressing his palms against each other, clapping them a bit.

Cute dog, I say as I awkwardly staring at him.
Yeah, his name is sir Lancelot he says and chuckle.

That's cute, our's just called Polly.

He turns his head meeting my green blue eyes and smile.

Then we sit quiet for a while.
I try to think of something to say.
So...how come  I've never seen you here before? It's a small town.

He leans back and put the right leg on the left.
Actually I moved here like three days ago, me, my mom Liz, my dad Andrew and my three siblings, Jack, Ben and Cloé.
We moved from Australia and now whe're here in Iowa.
We won't be here for so long but around a year.

So you're going to school here?

Yeah, my first day is tomorrow!

Awesome, we'll probably have a lot of classes together, it's a quite small school.