Chapter Thirteen: Imprisoned

Calypso had no concept of time. She could not tell when it was night or day, or when a new day began. Every so often (she didn't even think it was once a day), food would be shoved into the chamber. It was always two plates of moldy bread and cheese and two cups of water, always brought by the large Death Eater that he brought her here, who's name she found out was Rowle. Calypso ate ravenously at first, but when the contents started to disagree with her stomach, she stopped eating all together, giving her food to Ollivander, who looked like he needed it more.

The only concept of time she had was when once a month she would be shoved, naked, into the adjoining chamber and chained to the wall to transform. They would strip her of her robes, so she wouldn't ruin the only clothes she had. They would then chain her to the wall. The chains burned her skin, like bars did. She could only assume they were made from the same material, enchanted so that they wouldn't break. Every month, she felt the power of the full moon as it drove her mad. Being in such an enclosed space as a livid werewolf was torture in itself. She gouged the walls, trying to find a way out until her nails were raw and bloody and she would become herself again.

Many months had passed. Her wrists and ankles were chaffed beyond healing from the metal. The skin remained red and inflamed. Her nails had become raw stubs that constantly bled. She got paler, her hair duller, loosing its shine. Her robes were filthy and torn and hung very loosely from her figure. And still she had no means of escape. She longed for a glimpse of Draco, or even her mother, anyone who might help her.

The only bright spot in her bleak world, was Mr. Ollivander. She would sit next to him on the floor, telling him about her son and various other aspects of her life. She was heartbroken over having missed Silas's first birthday, though she was unsure if it had passed or not. He loved listening to her stories since he had been trapped much longer than she had. Sometimes he would even tell her stories of his youth when he had the strength. Talking about these things made her feel better, like her prison was almost bearable. Almost. When he would fall asleep, she would grow quiet and all the thoughts of never making it out alive would return to her head. She spent many nights just sitting in a corner, crying, unknown to anyone else.

Calypso was starting to lose hope. She would die here, she was convinced. If they didn't kill her, she would eventually die of starvation. She was surprised she had made it this long, though her malnutrition was showing. When Calypso was about to admit defeat and beg her captors for death, something happened that made things a little easier.

One day (or was it night?) when Calypso was in one of her moods, she was sitting with her back to the door when she heard it creak open. She assumed it was Rowle bringing them food, so she didn't even move. Not until a familiar voice spoke in her ear.

"I'm glad to see you're ok," said Luna dreamily.

Calypso jumped up and embraced her friend, nearly crying in relief though she wasn't sure why.

"I've heard everyone is looking for you," she said. "Lupin is going mad."

"Have you heard anything about Silas? Is he ok? What about Harry? What month is it?" Calypso gushed, desperate for news of the outside world.

"It's nearly Christmas. And I'm sorry, but I haven't hear anything about Silas or Harry. I've been at Hogwarts. Though no news is good news, right?"

Calypso could tell she was truly sorry she couldn't be of more help, but she couldn't help but feel dejected. The elated feeling in her heart she had gotten upon seeing her friend how now vanished, leaving her feeling hollow again.

"What are you doing here?" Calypso asked, trying not to sound too depressed.

"The Ministry doesn't like what Daddy's been publishing in The Quibbler, so they stole me off the Hogwarts Express when I was going home for Christmas." Luna sounded like her old, dreamy self, not at all upset over the fact that she was now imprisoned. Calypso envied her, wishing she could feel that calm.

Bitten (a Harry Potter Fan Fiction)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara