FALLING FOR THE FBI AGENT(The Patterson's Book 2)

Laura681.

**********Chapter One ******************
Drifting the curtains apart,I slowly made my way out into the balcony.Taking a deep breath I reveled for a moment in the sweet air, fragrant with breathtaking beautiful pink peonies mixed with the spicy scent from the bright yellow yarrows that sparked a beautiful image in the gardens.

I closed my eyes and allowed myself to get lost in the moment,this happened to be my favourite part of the day,where I could forget or at least pretend to forget the troubles that threatened the peace of every living human being.

Being the daughter of a wealthy yet loving family,I was indeed well protected and didn't have to suffer as much as those who after witnessing first hand had to experience in life.

With a soft sigh I plugged my headset into my phone and placed the earpiece into my ear.Taking a quick scroll through my most recent playlist,I chose 'Earned it',one of my favourite songs by The Weeknd.

I felt my phone vibrate against my hands reminding me that I had a bunch of people to reply to.Punching the password into the touchscreen,I quickly replied to some,the most important ones.

Taking another deep breath,I smiled loving the feel that the cold breeze brought along with it.

A twinge of fear somehow managed to break through my happiness,my mind choosing this peaceful moment to remind me of the horrifying dreams that have invaded my sleep recently.

Damn those horror movies my brother had forced me to watch last week.

Somewhere deep inside me however told me that those dreams were a warning of a storm that was about to turn my serene life upside down.

The fear was quickly suppressed by the loud knock on my room door.

"Rosella it's time for your breakfast."The high pitched call from my mother,Leah Patterson expressed how annoyed she was.

"I'll be there in a minute mom."I shouted from my room,throwing my headphones on my desk before heading out the door.

"What took you so long?"she asked."I've been calling you to have breakfast for over a half an hour now."

"I'm sorry mom,I got a bit caught up messaging my friends."I apologised giving her a soft kiss on her cheeks.

She sighed."I've already arranged your plate at the table so go eat."

I nodded as I climbed down the stairs quickly,my stomach growling at the mention of food.The TV was blaring loudly from the family room where my father was most likely seated looking at early morning politics.

As soon as I entered the dining room, Brent, my annoying brother turned his wandering gaze on me.

"Good morning sleeping ugly."He greeted me with a grin.

I rolled my eyes at him."Stop talking about yourself like that."I teased.

He chuckled."I see someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning."He drawled lazily stretching his hands out above him.

"Are you guys already fighting this early in the morning?"my grandmother asked walking in with drinks in her hands.She had a knowing smile on her face as she set the glass cups gently on the designed wooden table.Everyone was used to our bickering by now,it was simply put, our morning routine.

"That's a norm mom."my mother cut in with a smile.

"It's not fighting grandma ,its our love for each other expressed in a different way ."Brent explained with a wink sent in my direction.