Chapter Eighteen

A/N: Not checked again, sorry for taking so long to write, I got distracted by #askliam :)

The room was pumping. The sheer loudness of the guitar was making the room vibrate, and the drums were making the walls and floor shake. The people around Louis were screaming and singing along with the lyrics, their hands waving manically in the air as they clapped along with the pulse. The room was hot and being tightly packed in to such a small area of space was definitely not helping, Louis could feel Harry pressed closely against his side, also with his hands in the air. The electric bass guitar was making Louis’ ears thump, with every string strum it send a quick spark of pain to his ear drum. Harry seemed completely oblivious to the sound and did not seem affected at all, singing along to the rock band that was screaming the words into the microphones.

The pair had already been here for a couple of hours and the band was showing no sign of stopping. Louis had been ready to leave within the first hour, but now he was only really staying for the euphoric look on Harry’s face, it was actually rather adorable. He decided that if they hadn’t finished all their songs by the end of this one, he would drag Harry out of the club himself if he didn’t want to leave. Louis’ ears were getting more painful by the minute and a shrill ringing was coursing through his brain, he knew he was going to have the mother of all headaches tomorrow morning, worse than a hangover after a good night out.

Louis could tell the song was drawing to a close so he tugged on Harry’s arm, if this was the last song, then it would be a massive struggle to get to the door so it was better to get out sooner rather than later. Harry didn’t seem to notice Louis’ urgency to leave so he tugged a little harder, Harry noticed this time and he turned to Louis with his brow furrowed, in silent questioning. Harry leant down so his ear was right next to Louis’ mouth so he could easily shout into it so he could hear, he didn’t put his ear close enough to smudge the white powder and black lip liner smothering Louis’ face, it was caked on thick but elegantly done. Louis’ curled his hands into Harry’s hair, bringing his head closer to his lips before nipping at the shell of Harry’s ear then practically shouting,

“Can we go now? My ears hurt” Harry pulled back and nodded, grabbing onto Louis’ hand and weaving them both out of the cluster of people. When they were in the dark hallway and the door to the main event was safely shut, Harry led Louis into the toilets. He checked no one was in before pushing Louis up against the wall and kissing him roughly. Louis incorporated with as much enthusiasm before he felt hands slide down his back and down to the top of his thighs, hitching him up so he was able to wrap his legs around Harry’s waist. When Louis was safely off the ground and clinging tightly to Harry, he was carried over to the sink and placed on the counter, the cold tile burning through his trousers. Harry stayed in between Louis’ legs but he moved his hands out from underneath his thighs to gently cup Louis’ cheek, deepening the kiss.

“I love how you’re shorter than me” Harry whispered breathlessly into Louis’ mouth, never ending the kiss. Louis couldn’t find the energy within himself to argue otherwise as he slowed the kiss down, his lips moving lazily against Harry’s, not that he wasn’t enjoying it, just that he was too tired to do much but let Harry swirl his tongue against his in attempt to wake him up a bit.

Harry could tell Louis was starting to feel drowsy as he carried on to do most of the work. Louis did not seem to liven up what so ever so he pulled back, a trail of saliva still connecting their lips, before he rested his forehead on Louis’ shoulder, panting slightly. Louis rested his head in a similar place to Harry as he also worked to regain his breath.

Louis could feel his eyes fluttering shut as he leant more of his weight against Harry, slumping into his shoulder. Harry seemed to feel this against his shoulder and his arm jostled a bit as he dug around in his pocket to find his phone. When he had a grasp on it he pulled his hand out of the denim and wove one of his hands into Louis’ hair to rub soothing circles into his scalp as he dialled the number one-handed onto the screen. Harry held the mobile against his ear as Louis edged closer to him, pulling his legs tighter around his hips,

“Hi, I’m at the Funky Buddha night club, could I have a taxi to here please?...Just for two people…yeah…yeah…okay, yeah…okay, thank you…yeah, see you in five” Harry spoke into the phone, being as still as he could all throughout the conversation, careful not to unsettle Louis.  When the phone was safely in his pocket Harry spoke quietly into Louis’ ear,

“The taxi will be here in five mins out the front entrance, we need to go wait outside for them, do you want me to carry you?” Louis just groaned in response and Harry took that as his cue to lift Louis into his arms, Louis was pliant under his touch as he adjusted his head so it was resting on his shoulder and his legs were in the crook of his elbow. Harry handled Louis with ease as he carried him out into the courtyard of the club, out of the corner of his eye, Harry saw a bench and he awkwardly carried Louis towards it before gently placing onto it. Louis slumped onto the wood as Harry sat down, before he could even get comfy Louis was crawling into his lap and cuddling into his chest, trying to share their body heat.

After a couple of minutes the taxi still wasn’t there and Louis was beginning to start shivering uncontrollably, it was the middle of Winter and Louis hadn’t had enough common sense to bring a coat, despite Harry reminding him an uncountable amount of times.  Harry sighed before leaning his back off the bench and pulling his arms out of the sleeves of his leather jacket (which may or may not be the one Louis helped him pick.) When the jacket was fully off he draped it around Louis’ shoulders who snuggled into the thick lining of the coat but stayed incredibly close to Harry who was acting as a human hot water bottle.

When the taxi finally did decide to arrive, Louis was fast asleep and curled in a ball in Harry’s lap. Contemplating how to get Louis to the taxi, Harry stood up and carried Louis in his arms, bridal style, into the taxi. Harry covered Louis’ head with his hand as he ducked Louis into the back seat of the car as he slipped into the car next to him. Louis nuzzled into Harry’s side in his sleep, tucking his legs under himself and clinging onto Harry’s arm as his head lolled onto Harry’s shoulder.

The ride to Harry’s house was silent except from the occasional grunts from Louis in his sleep and his slow, shallow breathing. When the taxi came to a halt, Harry paid the man the prescribed amount before climbing out of the cab, Louis yet again being carried, before walking up the path to his house, unlocking the door and trailing up the stairs to his bedroom. When they reached the room Harry dropped Louis carefully onto his bed and shut the door. He pulled off his own trousers, shoes, socks, shirt and jewellery before doing the same for Louis (except of course he was not wearing any socks as per usual.) Harry considered taking Louis’ make-up off for him but he decided it was too risky and might wake him up, plus so what if it smudged his pillow? It would be a constant reminder that none of this was a dream and he really did have this beautiful boy all to himself.

When Harry had memorized the route to his bed he turned his light off and felt his way around the room towards his bed, when his knees bumped the frame he carefully kneeled down and crawled under the covers, bringing Louis with him. They were cuddled close together since it was only a single bed but that didn’t matter, it’s not as if they wouldn’t be this close whatever size the bed was. Harry kissed both of Louis’ eyelids lightly before drifting out of consciousness whilst Louis slept peacefully beside him, they may be from two completely different cliques, but they loved each other and that was enough to see them through.