Sleep

Alo and his twin sister Lara gave each other hugs like they did every night and climbed into their separate beds.Part of turning nine and into a "big kid" was that their mother stopped tucking them in, so they only had the comfort of each other.Lara fell asleep quickly but Alo stayed up tossing and turning.He kept having the feeling of being watched.As an hour passed the feeling intensified and he practically felt eyes boring their way into his skull. Alo rolled over and checked the time. 1:34 the clock blinked at him.He sighed and got up, feeling uneasy.As he walked down the stairs to the kitchen, he still felt eyes on him.He hurried into the kitchen and turned on the lights.He knew he had to protect himself and grabbed his mom's biggest kitchen knife.This brought a sense of comfort and safety believing if something or someone was there he could defend himself.He decided to bring it with him as he started to climb back upstairs to the bedrooms.As he entered into his and Lara's room he got the feeling that someone was watching him again.He hated the feeling and wanted to get rid of it!He walked over to Lara's bed.Maybe she was watching him, taunting him.He raised the knife above his head, took a deep breathe and brought it down.He was inexperienced and had stabbed her in the stomach.Her eyes fluttered open and she let out a scream as Alo brought the knife down again and again.Blood was splattered everywhere and Lara's blood covered Alo's face.The bed was blood soaked and Alo was smiling.The feeling of being watched was gone.His mom had heard the scream and hurried in just moments after Lara's final breathe.She screamed as she saw the bloody and gory mess that surrounded the mutilated Lara.She turned her eyes over to Alo and started to sob, letting out a "Why?" between every other cry.Alo walked over to her slowly.He could feel her watching him.As his mom kneeled on the floor crying Alo stabbed her in the back of the neck.She fell to the ground and blood spurted out of her neck, covering the walls and Alo in a fresh coat of blood. Alo grinned as he realized no one was there to watch him now.He could finally get some sleep.He walked past the bloody, unmoving bodies of Lara and his mom and to his bed.He crawled in, closed his eyes and went to sleep.