3

I drove into my driveway stayed in the car for about 10 minutes thinking exactly what I was going to tell my mom. Hey mom, I was crying in the car because I was about to have sex for the first time then I hit a car and got a cute guy's number. How was your day?  I live in a Hispanic household and let me tell you one thing about living in one, moms don't let you get away with shit. Leaving a dish in the sink meant the end of the world and resulted getting yelled at about how I'm ungrateful. I love my mom but when it comes to getting in trouble or not doing things right, she becomes a whole new person who yells and cusses in Spanish (which is the scariest thing ever). She will threaten you with things like "I'll smack you right back to where you came from."

I finally stepped out of the car and walk through the front door and see my mom sitting on the couch, watching whatever show she normally watches.  

"Hi mom" I said sitting myself across from her.

"What did you do?" She asked not taking her eyes off the screen.

"All I said was hi!" I swear she can sense something wrong from a mile away.

"I'm your mom Alexis. I know when something's wrong" She told me still paying attention to the TV.

"Well um, I kind of did something" I whispered fiddling with my hands.

"What did you do?" She asked again finally giving her full attention to me.

"You're going to be mad"

"Lexi" Her voice was already filling up with concern.

I stayed quiet.

"Alexis Miranda Vargas, ¿que hiciste?!" She said raising her voice at me.

"Don't yell at me in Spanish that just makes me more nervous" I cried out.

"It's not like I'm going to kill you Alex, what did you do?" I could already tell she was getting annoyed so I just decided to tell her.

"I uh, crashed the car" I said looking down avoiding eye contact.

"What? Are you okay?!" She yelled. Definitely not the reaction I was looking for.

"Yeah mom I'm fine, the front of the car isn't though."

"God Alexis, I don't care about the car. Well I do, but you're more important. All that matters is that you're okay.

"Really?" I was expecting more of a "what were you thinking" and a whole speech on why I shouldn't be allowed to drive followed by yelling.

"You're my daughter dumbass, yes really" She rolled her eyes as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

I laughed. "So what's gonna happen with the car?"

"Ask your dad to pay for it" She shrugged. My dad? She's kidding me right?

"He didnt't even give me 20 bucks when I asked him last week, what makes you think he'll pay for the car?"

"You wanted that money for tacos Lexi, that's not important. Besides, I bought the car. The least he could do is help you out, you're his daughter too"

"Tacos are super important!" I argued.

Growing up it was just my mom raising me. My mom and dad met at a young age and dated around for a while until she was pregnant of me. Long story short, he was in the army and left mid pregnancy and somehow lost touch with each other. We found each other just a few years back and he's sort of been around.

"Mhm." She hummed. "Now go away, you interrupted William Levy." She complained, waving her hand at me motioning me to go away.

"Gross, he's ugly" I said disgusted.

"You're ugly!" She yelled at me. She absolutely hated when I called him ugly because according to her, he's the hottest guy there is. Like? Hello? Have you seen One Direction? 

"Well people say we look alike so you're really calling yourself ugly" She was only 17 years older than me so she can't even call her self ugly because honestly, she looked like my older sister.

"They're blind. I'm cuter"

"Whatever you say mom" I chuckled and got up from the couch. I walked to my room and locked the door behind me. I jumped on my bed burying my face into my pillows. I pulled out my phone and saw that I had 2 missed calls and 5 texts from Chris. I ignored them all and went to my music and played the Smiths. Halfway through Girlfriend in a coma, I felt my eyes getting heavy and soon fell asleep.

-

I woke up to the sound of my phone vibrating against the table and I picked it up without even bothering to check the caller ID. Can't I just take a nice nap for once?

"Hello?" I said annoyed. I probably should've tried to make myself sound a little less like a bitch but at the same time I didn't care. If there's one thing I hate, it's getting waken up by someone or something.

"Hello to you too grouchy" A voice chuckled.

"Who's this?" I asked even more annoyed.

"Caller ID broken or something?" The voice repeated.

I removed my phone from my ear and looked at the caller ID. Luke. Shit.

"Shit I'm sorry, I was sleeping and sort of picked up the phone without checking who it was." I apologized.

"It's okay" He chuckled. "So, are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine, why?" I asked confused.

"Well you looked pretty shaken up after the accident, so I just wanted to see if you're okay."

"Yeah I'm fine, my head hurts a little. It was my first accident and I had a lot on my mind." I said picking at the thread of my shirt.

"Well you can tell me all about it next weekend." It wasn't even a question it was like a demand. 

"I didn't know you made my plans for me Lucas. What if I was busy?"

"Well that's too bad. You would have to cancel them and that's not my name" He said pretending to be angry.

"Well that's too bad Lucas." I laughed, mocking him. Now I know how to tease him. "So next weekend?"

"Sunday at 10:30 and don't call me that! It's a horrible name" He yelled again.

"Sorry dad" I laughed. It's cute how he was demanding.

"You forgot the d and the y"

"Huh?" I questioned.

"Bye Lexi" He laughed followed by a click.

He hung up on me. It soon came to me what he meant and I mentally smacked myself for being so slow. I just met this guy 4 hours ago and he's already being seductive. Not that it bothered me really cause honestly, look at him.

I smiled at the thought of this new guy but it soon faded when I saw I had an incoming call from Chris. I couldn't ignore him forever. I took a deep breath and hit green. "Hello?"