Chapter-15

*not edited.

Author's pov;-

Aria didn't know what to say as he held her hand tightly. She tilted her head towards her room .
" I was just about to get my book . I'll be right back in a moment." She said .

" Oh ." hearing her he left her hand , slightly embarrassed by his own request. He thought she was leaving him . But she wasn't.

Aria picked a good book and her laptop, along the way she picked up a few chocolate bars as well and then came back to him . By then he has scooted over to his side leaving enough space for her to sit beside. It's not like he has only one couch but he prefers if she sits beside him . Again why he's being so childish ? Well , If not for today where he had a close call to death maybe it wouldn't be like this .

Today he thought he wouldn't be able to see her again when he got the hit on his head and lost consciousness. Her face was the only thing in his head at that moment. Thanks to his second hand in command he came out of that destroyed building.

The mission was successful. They were able to rescue the scientist and thirty girls in total , but they had some casualties as well . Him and five of his team members were injured. Most importantly they are getting close to the man and he's positive about the fact that soon he will be in their custody as well. Well if not he does something very idiotic and got himself a painful death .

Aria with her handfull of things sit beside him . She put down her laptop and books and her chocolate bars. As she did so she gave him a sheepish smile. " Sorry I need to eat something." she said and then opened her book .

" Amm , can I ask you what happened?" She asked instead of reading the book .

Obviously, how can she . She being herself will always have many questions. Well to her defence, ' I need to know what was going on with this handsome human. ' she reasons in her head .

" I had to go on a mission last night. Nothing serious. " He answered shortly.

" Was it successful?" she asked. She understood there must be something very important for him and his team . Although she doesn't have much idea about matters related to this but she is wise enough to know what it could have been .

" It was." came his short reply .

" Oh ." she nodded her head . She wanted to ask more but by his short replies she knew that it wasn't necessary for her to know. Anyways it's not her place she thought .

" You know , I was wondering... these things , it must be sure cool right ? secret agents , Undercover missions ! " she said with excitement on her tone , now sitting crossed legs and took a pillow on her lap . Facing his side profile. Which by the way was looking very defined and handsome.

Dmitriy smiled at her as he looked at her sparkling eyes .

" Well sweetheart, I don't know about that but yeah punching some bad guys and saving all . It sure sounds cool . " well he does more than just punching but she doesn't have to know about that.

It went like this , she babbling everything from her classes to her excitement about his job . And he listened to all . With utmost patient. He got to know she is writing another book . Then how her new friend hasn't called her yet and so on . Her book is now forgotten as she was so
Into telling her about her day and asking about his . Not like he said all but sure he was talking more than usual.

She also wonderd which side of his personality is actually true. The one she first met ? The one she had encountered with or the one right now ? Nevertheless she felt happy that he is getting warm with her.