5. Lily

Harriet knew she could have stayed. Put up with being a helpless toddler and child so that Lily & James could have had their kid.
But she just had this fear that if she had she would be played as a pawn and a target would be placed on her new parents backs.
Sure that could have been do to all the #baddumbledore #dumbledorebashing fanfics she'd come across affecting her but she couldn't shake her instincts.
Her instincts that it would be better for everyone if she ran.
So that's what she did, and she didn't regret it despite the guilt.

Especially when she came face to face with Lily Potter, and the woman broke down into tears at seeing her.

Harriet found herself back in the parlor, this time with another of the Marauders or Marauders adjacent.

She offered tissues to the grieving mother but remained silent.

"You must find me very silly."

"Not at all, Lady Potter."

How could she ever think that.

"It's just you are exactly what I imagine my Harriet would look like if..."

Harriet stared at her lap and was relieved when tea popped up.

"How do you take it?"

"Two sugars, please."

Harriet poured the tea in the cup before Lily Potter before taking the sugar tongs and plopping 2 sugar cubes in the tea, before placing a teaspoon for the lady on her saucer.

"May I ask about your parents, Lady Ravenclaw?"

Going with the truth from her past life, "They passed shortly after my 17th birthday." Then as if something prompted to be more truthful she continued, "I had two people who took me in as their own but... I didn't deserve them so I ran away."

That was the thick of it, she never felt she deserved the Potters love for she wasn't actually theirs that belonged to a boy who had loved and lost them.

She glanced up and stilled feeling as if she was trapped in Lily Potter's emerald gaze.

"Perhaps it wasn't about deserving their love at all...perhaps they would have loved you unconditionally even if they knew you weren't truly theirs."

Harriet sucked into a breath, "I would have only put them in more danger if I stayed."

Lily gave her a bittersweet smile, "What about now? Is it safe for you to return to them?"

"I..." Harriet looked away, feeling overcome with emotion, "I don't think I can forgive myself for the grief I put them through."

"I think they would be happy to have you back no matter what."

Harriet let out a shaky sigh, "Maybe."

Lily Potter would come again. Often requesting to have tea with her, they'd have conversations about Harriet's travels and slowly she began to feel like the knot in her heart was unravelling.

That is until a werewolf that recognized her as it's long lost pack and an angry Lord Potter entered the Siren's Muse.