The freshers

Nehmat's pov

While walking out of the mall , all the memories ( painful memories ) started flooding my head as if it would explode anytime . Tears flowing unknowingly and suddenly I felt  dizziness  ,my head heavy . Just when I thought I would fall Ekam held  me by my arm and  helped me to reach the passenger seat side . After opening the door he made me sit there and went from there .

After a few minutes I felt better but Ekam hadn't returned yet . I was thinking this when I spotted him coming towards the car . He opened the door of driving side . I think while closing the door his hand got a cut from something sharp because I heard him wince . I took his hand in my hand and saw the cut which was not deep enough but bleeding very much.

" You should be careful ! Where's the first aid box ?" I asked him looking for it here and there

" It's ok , its not that deep" He spoke unbothered .

" But it's bleeding and might cause infection ." I tried to make him understand
" Tell me where it is "? I repeated

" At the back of car " He answered

   Ekam's pov

"I'll bring" I said as I started to go out when I was stopped by her voice .

" No , you just sit here I'll be back " She scolded me , but I smiled ,smiled at her concern that she cares about me .

" As you say madam" I replied to her who was opening the door of car and smiled back at me .

Within a minute she came back .
" Show me your hand " She said and I gave it to her . Itne haq se bolengi to jaan bhi de dunga .

" Did you say something "? She asked while cleaning the wound with cotton . Did I say that loud enough.

" Did you hear something ?" I counter questioned . She looked up at me for a second before going back to what she was doing , while I was busy admiring her .

She was putting the ointment when I winced making her look at me .

" Does it hurt ?" She asked her eyes softening . I shook my head in no.

" Actually I have never done anyone's first aid . I am really phobic to blood " She continued while putting bandage over the cut .

" But you did for me " I asked looking at her when she gazed into my eyes . Our eye contact staying longer than usual .

"Its done " She said looking away . I passed her the water bottle . After she drank enough water needed for her , I extended to her the mandatory white rose .  Her face glowed in the dim light .

Out of nowhere my phone buzzed indicating a notification . It was from our college .

The inter - college participants names will be announced on the freshers . Every one who participated in inter - department match must come there . That day is the only opportunity for the ones seeking exposure . No names will be taken after that . I read the message . My face lit up on reading it as Nehmat asked me " you look really happy " She asked with a cheerful smile which is really rare to see. Lucky me who got the opportunity.
She snapped her fingers in front of me to get my attention .

" Yeah!" I spoke . She repeated again .

" Inter - college  cricket match participants names will be announced on the freshers " I informed her .

" That's a great news" She answered
I nodded .

" You know I have always wanted to be a cricketer . Its my dream since childhood and finally I can see it becoming true. " I said