Calm of the dead

The crisp sea air drifted across his face as he kept the wheel and stared across the great expanse spanning before him. Calm were the waves as they sailed. He knew the crew would have slept while the calm of the night enwraped them. The storm that had chased them the previous day was long gone. His gaze narrowed as he spotted a stippled shape of land on the horizon. He set the wheel with a short length of rope to keep the course as he left his post. He approached the hold and ignited a small fuse. A flash of light filled the hold as fire spread through the under belly of the merchant vessel. The shore grew closer as the vessel continued to burn beneath his feet. A voice to his right drew him out of his thoughts. It's time to go, aye captain the rough voice of his first mate seemed to tear the air as he spoke. Aye it's time to go, he said this ship has reached it's end. Stepping to the starboard side he waved his hand and in a flash of bright light against the early morning sky. His ship appeared stark white wood lined with silver steel glinted as it treaded the waves. His crew shouted familiar greetings as he and his first mate left the burning ship behind and boarded his own. Stepping upon his own deck settled his mind as he strode towards the wheel. His wheelman yielded control as he approached. Taking the wheel he turned the ship away from the land and back towards open sea they would not make port here. The merchant ships powder supply exploded as they set underway. Pieces of the ship spattered the the shore and bay. The merchant ship had been the cover the crew had used to traffick humans across the coast. He had seen his fair share of disgusting human sinners. So the fact that these men were engaged in such activities was not surprising in the slightest. He had simply sent the bastards to the afterlife sooner then they had planned. Where's our heading captain, His first mate's rough voice cracked through the air again. He locked eyes with his first and found no fear only trust in their ice blue depths. We sail for the isle of sinn to hunt our next targets. Let loose men and heave to. The journey will be long. His men cheered their voices akin to the snarls of beasts. To the world they were monsters to him they were crew, kin. Dammed to together, so together they sail laying waste to the evil that sailed the sea with them.