A New Beginning

⋆ ˚。 ⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。 ⋆
AREA
I was leaving for King's Landing today. All of the arrangements were already made. I was going to the city two moons before the wedding, to be there for the planning.

I stood between Aegarax and my family, to say goodbye. I still wasn't on good terms with my father. I didn't ignore him, but every interaction with him felt forced and tense.

I had 'the talk' with Rhaenyra yesterday. She said it was supposed to be good, but the first time could hurt. I also found out about brothels, and that my future husband spent a lot of time there.

I wondered, how am I supposed to make this man fall for me? He was broken. It seemed like a hopeless case, because he spent all his time with many other women while drinking himself to insanity.

She supposed she understood why Rhaenyra stretched the talk of how someone could conceive a child. Because if you were to get with child before marriage, your entire legacy be ruined. But she also thought of it as unfair. Men could father as many bastards as he'd possibly like, but women would be seen as whores if they have even one. Some would even get executed for it.

But that was how this world worked. Men got their titles and riches handed to them, while women have to be perfect in every way, and gain nothing with it.

Rhaenyra had tears in her eyes. She may not have been her mother by blood, but she had always treated me like a daughter. They had formed a strong bond over the years.

"I'm so proud of you." She said. "I know you will make your wsy through it successfully, you do."

Tears stung in my eyes as I forced a smile. "I will miss you."

She hugged all of her siblings and nodded her head at Daemon.

"Get over yourself." He said as he pulled her into a hug. "You may despise me, but I am still your father."

"I will miss you too, father." I said. I was not kidding. Even though it would take a long time before I will forgive him. "But I'm still angry at you."

"You've made that clear." He said sarcastically.

I made my way over to Aegarax, climbing his white scales, all the way over to the saddle, where my bags rested aswell.

I waved goodbye to my family one last time and took off.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣤⣶⡋⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣀⡀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠠⠒⣶⣶⣿⣿⣷⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣛⣋⣉⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣤⣞⣫⣿⣿⣿⡻⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦⡀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⣶⣾⡿⠿⠿⠿⠿⠋⠈⠀⣸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⡈⠙⢆⠀
⠀⠀⠉⠁⠀⠤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣶⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⠿⣿⣷⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⣠⣴⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠟⠁⠀⢹⣿⠀⠀⠀
⢠⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⠟⠋⠉⠛⠋⠉⠁⣀⠀⠀⠀⠸⠃⠀⠀⠀
⣿⣿⣿⣿⠹⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⡀⠀⢀⡙⢷⣦⣄⡀⠀⠀⠀
⣿⢿⣿⣿⣷⣦⠤⠤⠀⠀⣠⣿⣶⣶⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣄⠀
⠈⠈⣿⡿⢿⣿⣿⣷⣿⣿⡿⢿⣿⣿⣁⡀⠀⠀⠉⢻⣿⣧
⠀⢀⡟⠀⠀⠉⠛⠙⠻⢿⣦⡀⠙⠛⠯⠤⠄⠀⠀⠈⠈⣿
⠀⠈⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠻⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⠟
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠂⠂⠒⠀⠒⠐⠂⠂⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
The fly to King's Landing was pretty short. I walked out of the Dragon Pit, letting Aegarax rest in the caves.

There was already a carriage waiting for me, to take me to the castle. I stepped in the carriage, thinking about how things would have changed.

I was excited to see Helaena again. They hadn't seen eachother in years, but they did write to eachother regularly. I was also curious to see Aemond. The last time I saw him, he was just a boy. Rumours said that he had grown into a man. Most women said that he looked terrifying with the scar and the eyepatch. Few said he looked handsome with it. They say he turned into a great swordsman.