2. Bonding

Ram opened the door, and a bright smile broke out on his face seeing Priya standing there.

"Hi!" he beamed, stepping forward to hug her.

"Hello!" Priya replied with a grin, hugging him back.

Upon parting from her, Ram noticed Pihu standing close beside her.

His heart melted at the sight of the cute little girl. Her chubby cheeks, big eyes, hair tied up in two ponytails, and the green floral print frock that she was wearing combined to make her look absolutely endearing.

"Oh, toh aap hain Pihu Sood?" he asked, crouching down to her level.

Pihu nodded shyly, wrapping her tiny arms around her mother's waist.

"She's so adorable!!" he practically cried out looking up at Priya, unable to contain his admiration.

Pihu's cheeks turned a rosy pink listening to him. She bashfully tore her gaze away when Ram met her eyes again.

Seeing her all shy, Ram's heart was ready to explode. He wanted to squish her cheeks and take her into a bone crushing hug.

Not wanting to cross any boundaries, he somehow controlled himself and stood up straight.

"Aao, andar aao," he held the door for them as the mother-daughter duo entered his house.

The two settled on the couch while Ram went towards the kitchen. He returned with two glasses of water, and both Priya and Pihu thanked him when he handed it to them.

He then took a seat on the couch adjoining theirs, feeling content already in their presence.

Looking at Pihu, he gave her a wide smile and waved at her.

Feeling even more shy now, Pihu climbed onto Priya's lap, and hid her face in her chest.

"Arey beta aap sharma kyun rahe ho?" Priya asked, softly caressing her daughter's head, "Yeh mumma ke friend hain. Bataya tha naa mumma ne aapko?"

Pihu nodded her head once, and then peeked out from her hiding spot.

She looked at Ram only for a brief moment before her eyes quickly darted away.

Priya wrapped her arms around Pihu protectively. It was not new of her to feel shy and hesitant around new faces.

However, if they were to share space with Ram, Priya knew she had to make sure that her daughter felt one hundred percent at ease in his presence.

And so she decided to share with Pihu some anecdotes from her college days involving Ram, hoping to acquaint him with her.

"Aapko pata hai, college mein mumma aur Ram uncle-"

"Uncle?!!" Ram's eyes went wide hearing the term Priya used for him, "Priya tumne mujhe uncle bulaya?! Main uncle lagta hoon tumhein??!"

Priya was bewildered by his reaction, and looked at him with complete shock.

Pihu, on the other hand, found the whole situation highly amusing, and a grin spread across her face.

"Uncle," she stated in a low voice but loud enough for Ram to hear, earning a dramatic gasp from him.

This time, Pihu let out a joyous giggle at his reaction.

"Ram uncle," she repeated, looking up at her mother with a mischievous grin, who still appeared quite taken aback by whatever happened in the last few seconds.

"Priya, tumne mujhse jhooth bola!" Ram looked at Priya with a frown.

"Maine? Maine kaunsa jhooth bola?" she asked, confused.