"Can I talk to her?"

Cassie glanced over her shoulder at Hannah. "She hasn't said a word since she came off stage but you can try." She held the phone out to Hannah who looked at her blankly but took it.

"Hannah?" Lando said softly. "Are you okay?" It was a stupid question. Of course she wasn't but he didn't know what else to say.

There was a long pause, all could hear was her ragged breathing. "I'm so sorry." She whispered and he wasn't sure if it was to him or someone else in the room.

"Hannah, what happened?" He asked.

She didn't reply this time, just continuing to cry quietly into the phone.

"Hi, it's Cassie." She'd taken the phone back. "I don't think she's really ready to talk."

"Where are you guys again?" He asked, already getting out of bed and looking for his shoes.

"I really don't think-"

"You do realise I'm coming either way?" He interrupted Cassie. "Text me the address." He was quietly hoping the drive wasn't too far, but he'd make it work and be back for media day if need be. He pulled a shirt on, grabbed his car keys and shot out of the door as soon as she sent him the address.

****

Hannah laid on the bed staring at the ceiling of the hotel room. Her entire body felt like it was made of lead. The sequins of the stupid body suit were digging into her thighs but she couldn't bring herself to move to get changed. Cassie had long since stopped trying to talk to her or get her to do anything. She was vaguely aware of her manager talking on the phone in hushed tones about what they would do about the rest of the shows. She wasn't even sure she cared enough to think about it at that moment, she was just overwhelmed with the exhaustion.

She had no idea how much time had passed before there was a knock at the door. Cassie got up to open it and Hannah made no attempt to move from her spot on the bed.

"I'll leave you guys to it." Cassie said quietly, heading out and closing the door behind her.

"Hannah." The soft voice next to her startled her.

"Lando?" She whispered, turning her head to look at him in disbelief. Was she going that crazy that she was hallucinating? "What are you doing here?" She put her hand out and touched his face as if to check he was real.

"I was worried about you." He said softly, looking at her carefully. She was an absolute mess, makeup smeared all over her face, eyes bloodshot and her hair matted to her forehead. "Shall we get you into some more comfy clothes and then you can tell me what happened?"

She looked at him blankly and made no attempt to move. He turned and stood up, grabbing a shirt off the top of her suitcase which he quickly realised was his shirt that she'd worn home from the race in Australia. In any other circumstances it probably would've brought a smile to his face.

"Come on, let's get you out of this." He put his hands on her shoulders and pulled her into a sitting position and she didn't protest. It took him a minute to locate the zips on the bodysuit that had been cleverly hidden so they wouldn't show when she was on stage. Once he'd worked out how to undo it he slid her arms out of the straps, pulling his shirt down over her head to keep her covered. He eventually managed to get it all the way off, helping her wiggle out of her tights and pulling her shoes off. "There we go, that's better."

He kicked his shoes off and climbed into bed, pulling her with him and pulling the covers up around them. She was shaking and he wasn't sure if it was because she was cold or from the shock. He wrapped his arms tightly around her and held her to his chest, her head tucking in under his chin as she curled into him.

"Do you want to tell me what happened?" He asked quietly.

"I don't know." She whispered, tears running down her cheeks again. "I just... I don't know. I felt like I couldn't breathe. I tried to keep going and get back into it and I just.... I wrote those words about him when we were happy and now I'm supposed to just forget everything and get up there and sing them every night like it all meant nothing?"

He didn't answer her, sitting quietly and waiting for her to continue because there had to be more to this story. She'd been putting on a brave face and carrying on for months now and by all accounts she was really good at it. Something specific had to have happened to lead to this tonight.

"Do you think I'm crazy?" She whispered. She wouldn't blame him if he said yes, she was starting to think she was herself.

He smoothed the hair back off her face, wiping her tears away gently with his thumb as he looked down at her. "You're not crazy, you've had a lot to deal with."

"I said I was never going near a man again after what happened with Joe and then Cassie turned up with you." She frowned. "What am I supposed to do with all these feelings? I can't do this again." She was rambling now, talking to herself rather than him. Her fingers twisted into the material of his shirt as though she was trying to pull herself even closer to him.

He stopped for a moment, considering what to say. It didn't seem like the time to be discussing what this thing between the two of them was.

"Why don't we try and get some sleep?" Lando suggested softly, already reaching over to turn out the light. "We can talk about it in the morning with a clear head?" His hand cradled her face, brushing away a couple of stray tears.

She didn't say anything, but she settled herself in against his chest, arm wrapped around him and he took that as a yes. He closed his eyes, breathing in the scent of her shampoo as he tried to quiet his mind. It was going a hundred miles an hour trying to decipher the meaning behind what she'd just said and whether it had anything to do with what had happened that night.

Once she was snoring softly and he was sure he wasn't going to wake her he grabbed his phone and quickly fired off a message to Cassie to let her know Hannah was asleep and he'd stay with her. He also asked her to call Charlotte and ask her to rearrange his media day tomorrow and let her know where he was given he'd disappeared from his hotel in the middle of the night.

He laid there, holding Hannah tightly wondering what the morning would bring. He somehow doubted that this was just going to go away overnight.