.10 Jet

————

Tall red trees surrounded them, covering the sky and creating a warm atmosphere around the forest.

Packing up there camp due to signs of fire nation was annoying but reasonable. They needed to keep Aang safe and nothing about the fire nation was safe.

Katara handed Aang her sleeping bag as he placed it on Appa, getting ready to fly away from the forest and continue north.

"Uh- uh, no flying this time," Sokka grabs the bag from Aang placing it on the ground.

"Why wouldn't we fly?" Aang asks quickly.

"Think about it, somehow Prince Zuko and the fire nation keep finding us, it's because they spot Appa, he's just too noticeable," Sokka explains.

"What? Appas not too noticeable," Katara defends, wanting to fly in seats of walk.

"He's a gigantic fluffy monster with an arrow on his head, it's kind of hard to miss him," Sokka points to Appa and he growls.

"Sokkas just jealous because he doesn't have an arrow," Aang reassures Appa.

"I know you all want to fly but my instincts tell me we should play it safe this time and walk," Sokka says seriously.

Iskra understood where he was coming from. He just wanted to keep everyone safe and walking felt like the safer option to him.

"Who made you the boss?" Katara asks with a smile.

"I'm not the boss, I'm the leader," Sokka points to himself with pride.

"You're the leader? But your voice still cracks," Katara laughs.

"I'm the second oldest and I'm a warrior," Sokka depends his voice. "So I'm the leader."

"If anyone's the leader It's Aang, I mean he is the avatar," Katara reasons.

"Are you kidding? He's just a goofy kid?" Sokka  picks up his backpack.

"What about Iskra then, she's the oldest, mature and an incredible earthbender," Katara points to Iskra.

"We don't know how old she is," Sokka points out and Iskra just looks between them silently.

Iskra has yet to tell them her age. Iskra has
yet to tell them anything except her name. Iskra has yet to speak.

"Why do boys always think someone has to be the leader? I bet you wouldn't be so bossy if you kissed a girl," Katara continues.

"I've kissed a girl! Look my instincts tell me we have a better chance of slipping through on foot and a leader has to trust his instincts," Sokka says calmly.

"Ok, we'll try it your way o wise leader," Katara rolls hey eyes.

"Who knows, walking might be fun," Aang smiles happily as he approaches them with his backpack on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They began their long walk through the forest, carrying their own heavy stuff as their strong steps began to turn into slow and heavy ones. They were tired.

Katara and Aang begin to make fun of Sokkas instincts, asking them to hold their stuff and annoying Sokka relentlessly like siblings do.

"Look guys I'm tired too, but the important thing is that we're safe from the fire nation," Sokka pushes a bush apart as they all walk through it.