I watched the couple for a moment before turning to Thaddeus. "Can we talk for a sec?"

He looked absolutely mad with all of these interruptions that I had to hold in an unnecessary giggle. His eyes narrowed at me when he noticed what I was trying to hold back. Without another word, he turned on his heel before walking to the exit. I threw one more glance at them before running after my mate.

When I reached him, he turned around facing me with a frown. What?

Isn't there another way? I know he was expecting something like this from me because he didn't look surprised that I had asked.

You know there is no other way.

What if instead of killing them, they turned rogue?

The suggestion rolled of my head so easily, that after it was out I was taking it in. Being a rogue is too dangerous. But at the same time Rose was one.

I glanced at Thaddeus waiting for his reaction. He thinks about this for a few moments before shaking his head. Thaddeus-

Your friend betrayed this pack, he says, she deserves to die. That is one of the biggest rules here.

I grabbed his hands squeezing them. If you hurt them, you hurt me Thaddeus. Just let them go rogue. You said so yourself you don't need traitors in this pack. Why don't we just let them go?

"Because that's not how it goes!" His sudden increase in tone and anger had me inching away from him. He noticed this but didn't comment. Instead he turned away from me. "This is how the rules are in this pack. Learn them and come to terms on them."

"Thaddeus please," I beg again. I know about the rules but this just didn't feel right. "You're killing an innocent!"

"She is not an innocent! She tried to shoot you and if I didn't step in when I did, you would have be dead!"

Now he was livid. He was clenching his hands into tight fists and his eyes were beginning to change color. I place my hand on his fists instantly feeling him calm down. "That's not what I meant Thaddeus."

The innocent is Mason. If Rose dies, he is practically dead. They are mates Thaddeus, you can't take them away from each other.

Thaddeus shakes his head making me want to throw a brick at him but at the same time I want to kiss his anger away. Please!

"Do you not know how I'd look in front of my own pack? Annabel, sometimes you have to put the pack first."

"Sometimes you have to put your mate first," I retort pushing myself away from him.

Thaddeus, no one needs to know. We can kick them out and make sure they are never close to pack borders. Please, think about the effect it might have on me. I know what Rose did was awful but Mason didn't know anything about this. We can't punish him for something he never did or knew about. Being a rogue would be much better than being dead.