Chapter thirty-seven - the home race

Začít od začátku

"If they jump into the fire, will you too?" I ask, like a typical mother.

"And are you going to jump too?" he turns toward me, almost falling off my lap, but I catch him quickly around the waist.

"No."

"Then I don't either." He mumbles, pressing his lips to mine, but I pull away, at which he croaks displeased.

"I won't touch you drunk." I remind him of my words, to which he annoyedly entangles his fingers in my hair and rests his cheek against my chest, almost lying on my body.

We sit in this position for the next half hour. I talk to Lando, Carlos, Pierre and Daniel, or rather, only the first two, since the latter is in a similar but slightly better condition to my boyfriend. Charles has managed to remove and wake up seven times. He's asleep now, and I'm laughing at Daniel, who found that he stood up on one leg, but fell and knocked out half a tooth in front, making him look funny.

"Charles!!!" suddenly shouts Pierre and grabs the boy by the shirt, pulling him away from me. The brunet wakes up disoriented and before I can catch him, Pierre takes him in his arms and walks toward the dance floor. "Let's go dancing!" he shouts to us.

"If it's not forever." Carlos points at me and Charles. "Then I don't believe in love." He adds, at which I take a sip of vodka with a smile. I don't know who will drive my car home, but I don't give a damn. At most, he'll stay here until tomorrow.

"Hold him so you don't get away with this bunny." mumbles Daniel, who is lying on the floor. The three of us look at him, and he suddenly gets up and shakily runs to the bathroom to throw up.

After a few songs, Charles comes back to me and grabs my hand, pulling me toward the dance floor. His strands of hair stick to his sweat-wet forehead, his cheeks are flushed and his eyes bloodshot from the alcohol. He smiles broadly, waiting for me to get up.

"I don't know how to dance." I say immediately. I dance only when I know I won't remember it for the next day, which is definitely not yet.

"I'll teach you, come on." He mumbles.

"Charlie..."

"Please! I won and want to have fun. With you." he says, to which I finally nod reluctantly and we walk out to the middle of the dance floor. There are a lot of people around us. Some popular song is flying now, which is definitely better than some slow, romantic songs. Always in movies, when the main characters get out on the dance floor, the song just magically changes. That's not the case here, which slightly improves my mood.

"No..." I don't even manage to start a sentence. The boy clings to me with his whole body and puts his hands on the back of my neck, smiling broadly.

"It will come out naturally." He says as I place my hands uncontrollably on his hips. "You don't have to know how to dance to dance." He adds, taking a step toward me, and I move my leg back so he doesn't step on it. "All you have to do is look at the person you're dancing with, and you can do it." he adds. His face is too close to mine.

"And can we kiss in the dance?" I say quietly, smiling as I glance at his lips.

"And do you want to?"

"Mhm... We haven't kissed in a damn long time." I return with my gaze to his eyes. Does the whole rule of I won't touch you when you're drunk still apply? Well... It can be considered part of the dance," he says.

"So since this morning?" he laughs, but moves closer. "Yes, we can." answers my earlier question, and when I already want to kiss him, suddenly Pierre pushes me away from the brunet.

"Daniel took some woman's purse!" he shouts.

"So what? He's drunk." I roll my eyes. He has just interrupted me in an important situation.

"And he threw up in it, because he thought it was a vomit bag!" I add with a shout, and my face thins. Charles croaks at the thought, and I glance brokenly at Daniel, who is being held by Lando and Carlos.

"Okay, I'll pay her, and you guys go to the car."

"And you and Charles? Who are you going back with?" he asks me worriedly.

I glance at the Ferrari driver, who, hearing his friend's words, hugs my arm so that I don't tell him to go with them. He looks at Pierre menacingly, and I feel like laughing at his attitude.

"Honey, you stay with me, take it easy." I say, but Charles doesn't respond to these words. "We will return by cab, riding with this idiot." I add.

I pay the woman for a new purse and some compensation, and then Charles and I have a good time in the company of our families, except for my dad. I don't know how much time passes, but definitely a lot. In the end, there are few people left, and Charles is completely drunk and sleeping on some couch. I call a cab and take my boyfriend in my arms, who doesn't even wake up, but hugs me in his sleep, unconsciously making it easier for me to carry him to the car.

Of course, it can't be too colorful. Halfway from the cab home, the boy decided, without telling me, to throw up. On me, he's fucking drunk. I barely made it home and also didn't throw up when I took off my clothes and went to wash up. Tough day.