Chapter 17 - A Major Discovery

Recap -

Dabi rushes to shove his shirt on and sits down in front of me.

"What did you say to him?" he asks, with a what looks like desperation in his eyes.

I take a deep breath before saying in a small whisper, "I told him that his brother misses him..."

He looks at me with a stunned face, mouth hanging slightly open like he wants to say something, but his brain isn't working at the moment.

Before he can get mad at me, I yell, "I'm so sorry! I shouldn't have said that! I understand if you hate me now." I look down, "I just saw how upset he was. I could see it, in his eyes. One glance and I could tell that he was still suffering from his brother's 'death'. I could see how he still hoped for you to be alive."

Everything stayed silent for a few minutes. The longer he was quiet, the more I realized that this probably caused me to lose my best friend. A tear slipped from my eye and down my cheek as I slowly stood up, still not being able to look at him.

"I'll leave now, I'm sure you don't want me here anymore..."

I make my way over to the door and am about to open it when...

"Angel..."

It was just a whisper. If it hadn't been as quiet as it was, I wouldn't have heard it. But... he had called for me.

I turn around, hand still on the handle, and look at him. He's hunched up on the bed, face down towards his lap and slightly shaking. Thinking over my options of either staying or leaving, I make my way over to him.

"Dabi?"

He doesn't respond, doesn't even look at me. I lift my hand to his chin and gently moves his head so he's looking at me. When I do, I see tears streaking their way down his face, but he doesn't seem sad. Or angry for that matter. If anything, I see hope in his eyes as the biggest smile ever appears on his face.

"Angel!" he screams, wrapping his arms around me tightly. I didn't know how to react. I expected him to be yelling, hitting me, to be furious about me revealing that he's alive. But... he seems thrilled?

I carefully wrap my arms around him, hugging him back, and we just stayed like that for a while. Once he started pulling away, I let him out of my grip.

He just looks at me, hands on either side of my face.

"Thank you," is all he says.

"For what?"

"For helping me with my siblings. I've been wanting to tell them for years, but every time I was about to... I never could. Thank you for helping me."

"O-of course, demon. I could see how much you missed your siblings and how desperate Todoroki-kun is to find you. If you want, I can schedule a meet up for you and him? If things go well, maybe your sister and other brother can join the next time as well?"

"I'd love that, thank you so much! I'm so happy right now, I could kiss you!"

I can feel myself blush furiously at that and look away while covering my face.

"S-sorry..." he says while pulling away from me.

"N-no, you're okay," I reply, sitting down next to him.

We sit in silence for a couple minutes before he breaks it.

"So umm... random question here but... have you got a girlfriend? I mean, you're really sweet and caring and pure so I'd assume you do."

"A-actually... I don't. If I did, you would've known by now................... Besides... I'm not really into girls anygays..."

He quickly looks at me and asks, "You're not?"