Chapter 7 : One step forward

Začít od začátku

Virat nodded, absorbing the information. "So they should have been out of jail two years ago," he remarked.

Samrat clarified, "Yes, sir, but their imprisonment was extended by six months on the recommendation of Jailor Mr. Ravish Verma due to their bad behavior and for assaulting fellow inmates. They were eventually released 15 months ago."

Virat leaned back in his chair, considering this new development. "That means they've been out for over a year. We need to find out what they've been up to since their release," he said decisively.

"Samrat, find out who presided over their case and the identities of the security guards," Virat instructed, his tone serious. "If my suspicions are correct, everyone involved could be in danger."

Samrat nodded. "Understood, sir. The judge was Justice Vikram Garg, and the security guards are Jamal Khan and Roshanlal Pandey."

"Good job, Samrat," Virat commended. "Working with you is always great."

Samrat replied, "Thanks." At that moment, an inspector entered with the information about the latest victim.

Samrat replied, "Thanks." At that moment, inspector Rudra entered with the information about the latest victim.The file provided by Rudra contained details of the latest victim

Name:Rajesh Kumar,

Aged 32,

address 42, Green Avenue, Mumbai.

Occupation : software engineer.

His father, Ramesh Kumar, was a truck driver at Speedy Cargo Transport Company, which used to work with Bharti Cotton Mill until 10 years ago.

Virat said, "I am impressed."

Rudra replied, "Thank you, sir. We're doing our best to gather all the necessary information."

Virat called Nilay and asked him to gather everyone in the meeting room for a team discussion.

After 10 minutes, everyone gathered in the conference room for a discussion. Virat initiated the meeting by commending everyone's efforts. "First of all, I want to commend all of you for your hard work. We've made some progress in this case, and we've also developed some theories and identified suspects," he began.

"We've tentatively identified Jhony, Pintu, and Tony, three former workers of Bharti Mill, as potential culprits behind these series of murders. It appears they're seeking revenge against those who once opposed them. They were released from Mumbai Central Jail 15 months ago," Virat explained, drawing everyone's attention.

"Furthermore, Sai Joshi informed us about similar incidents occurring in Dubai six months ago. Additionally, we've discovered that Mr. Harish had close ties with these three individuals in his youth, and the black Omni van frequently spotted near the dumping sites is registered under his name," Virat continued, sharing crucial information with the team.

"We've also received details about the 13th victim. Now, I want to hear from each of you about any other information you've gathered," Virat invited input from the team.

Samar provided an update, "My team is currently scanning tool sharpening workshops across Mumbai. We've covered the North, East, and South zones but haven't found any workshops with frequent customers yet."

Virat encouraged, "Continue your search, focusing on less populated areas first."

Akash chimed in, "I've installed a GPS tracker on Harish's bike and tapped his phone connections. His activities are highly suspicious, often visiting an old abandoned house at night and contacting a number registered under Alam Kadri's name, who remains inactive most of the time."