𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐞

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏 : 𝐆𝐎𝐎𝐃𝐁𝐘𝐄

Diana Gomez knew she was different from an early age. No one else in her village could shoot purple mist from their hands. No one else in the village could manipulate anything possible with magic. Most of her village feared or even despised her— and while others were always polite to her, she could practically smell their fearful aura whenever she was even mentioned.

Diana's brother Diego had tried his best to protect her after their mother Yazmina had passed away 9 months ago. Diana knew he was struggling to defend her from the village and it didn't help that his wife Alani, hated her guts. From the moment she laid eyes on Diana it was pure hatred. She took up most of Diego's attention leaving Alani to fend for herself which only infuriated the young lady more.

When Diego finally had enough and told Alani to back off and leave his sister alone, Diana watched as her brother's wife sauntered over to him boiling with rage and quietly spoke while eyeing the girl over his shoulder. His whole aura changed, his shoulders shrunk, and his eyes drooped. The man slowly turned to face his sister in shame and spoke "Diana, I think it would benefit us all if you left the village— permanently." His voice shook as he uttered out words that were like a knife to his heart.

"What?" His baby sister's heart shattered and he watched it all. "I'm sorry, but I can't do this anymore, any of this!" He started pacing around the room feeling anger and frustration at himself.

Diana watched in betrayal as he turned his back and his despicable wife smirked and mouthed "Bye bye birdie." With a cheeky smile on her face.

The silk haired girl stormed out the front door in tears running down to the river her and her mother used to swim in. A few minutes passed and she felt a presence arrive and sit a few feet away from her.

"I'm sorry Diana.. I really am, but I have to start putting my family first."

Diana's anger only fueled "But I thought I was your family! I am your blood." She jumped up to her feet and spat out with venom in her veins.

"She is carrying my child Diana! I no longer have the time or the patience to continue to put you and your childish needs first, especially not when I have my own kid on the way!" He yelled out. The Gómez siblings always had their fights but in the end, all they had was each other. Both of their hearts were drowned in sorrow, as they slowly accepted their fate. This was it. Diana had to leave her village and leave behind the only person she had ever known and trusted since her mom.

"I have already sent out a letter for the village you will be leaving too. Your ride will be here soon, you should begin to pack." Her brother cowardly muttered.

"There is nothing in that home that was ever mine to begin with. Nothing I would even dare to bring with me."

Diego brought his hand from behind his back. "Atleast just bring this, please?" It was her mother's necklace—one that her father had crafted himself as a proposal to Yazmina.

Diana's left hand flew up with purple mist beginning to appear, the necklace floated directly towards her and landed gently in her small hands. She then turns towards the entrance of the village and sees a horse with a cart attached. "Goodbye Diego." He stands there watching her walk until she is fully in the cart and begins to ride away.

"Goodbye, mi hermana."