"I refused to succumb to the darkness I saw in my mind. I held onto my determination, and Naruto helped me through it," I explained, recalling the strength I found in my resolve.

Sasuke let out a laugh, a bitter edge to his amusement that made me turn to him, suspicion pricking at my senses. "Don't you understand, Misaki? This power he gave us is immense. With it, we can finally avenge our clan, and yet... you still cling to the belief that Itachi didn't act of his own will."

"I'm not discussing this with you right now," I replied firmly, turning away from him.

"What? Afraid I might be right?" Sasuke's retort cut through the air, and I shook my head.

"I'll never believe the lies that come from your mouth," I replied, offering him a smirk as I glanced back at him. His response was a humorous huff.

"Time will prove me right," Sasuke declared confidently. "And mark my words, I won't lose to you."

"Believe what you want, Brother," I replied. "You still planning on taking the scroll from the next enemy we encounter?"

"Of course."

Sasuke and I were strolling back, chatting about trivial matters when our attention was arrested by the sight of a familiar silver-haired figure.

Kabuto.

Sasuke's grip loosened on the water holder, dropping it, as he dashed towards Kabuto. It occurred to me then that Sasuke probably hadn't even realized it was Kabuto standing there.

But then, to my surprise, Sasuke redirected his sprint towards Naruto instead. I narrowed my eyes, curious as to why Kabuto was preventing Naruto and Sakura from opening the scroll.

"You two are hopeless," Sasuke scolded them as he reached their side. "Misaki and I can't turn our backs for one minute."

Kabuto chimed in, "That was close."

"We're sorry," Sakura apologized, her voice tinged with remorse, while Naruto nodded in agreement.

"Those who ignored the rules are forced into the situation of having to retire," Kabuto explained. "In the previous exam, a hypnotism Jutsu Formula was set up to ensnare the eyes of those who glanced at the scroll along the way. It was a measure to keep them stranded in the forest until the end of the exam."

"You're Kabuto, right?" Sasuke asked, his tone laced with suspicion. "What are you doing wandering around alone?"

"I wasn't after your scroll, if that's what you're implying," Kabuto replied smoothly.

"Probably not, or you could have just stolen it from Naruto right then," Sasuke remarked, a hint of challenge in his voice. "You're still after the Heaven Scroll, too, aren't you?"

Kabuto smirked as he produced the two scrolls. "Nope. I've already got a set. But I got separated from my team. I'm on my way to join up with them at the tower now." With that, Kabuto turned on his heel and began to leave. "See you around."

"Wait," Sasuke interjected sharply. "Fight me."

Kabuto turned back around with a closed-eye smile. "Fight you? You joking?"

"I wish I were, but our time is almost up," Sasuke replied, his gaze unwavering.

"Sasuke, think about it! Kabuto just saved our skins!" Naruto exclaimed.

"I'm sorry, Sasuke, but Naruto's right," Sakura added.

"Shut up," Sasuke snapped, causing Naruto and Sakura to exchange glances. "There's no other way. I tried to warn you before. Challenging him is the only way we'll pass this test in time."