𝙴𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚑 𝚁𝚞𝚖𝚋𝚕𝚎 𝚅𝙸

Start from the beginning

You stopped and changed the subject, "What else did you hear about me?"

Xin Fu grinned slightly as he begins thinking back, carefully wording his answer. "I've heard that there is something different about your Earthbending, something subtle, and that that something is the reason why you are as good as people say you are. Though, I wouldn't be able to tell at all."

You shrugged, remembering a quote you learned from Moojie, "Well, don't judge a book by its cover."

Xin Fu chuckled, remembering his tournament's champion, "Ah, yes. I learned that when I discovered the Bind Bandit. Just looking at her appearance, you'd think a fight would be easy pickings, you'd be wrong."

Your eyes narrowed, "The Blind Bandit's a girl? I've been wondering about that for a while."

Xin Fu nodded. "I can give you a chance to see her yourself, maybe even a fight-"

"Look, unless there is some kind of money involved-"

"Oh there is." Xin Fu interrupted.

You looked at him, "Oh? How much?"

"Three hundred gold pieces, guaranteed. Is that enough for you?" Xin Fu asked.

You stared at him in disbelief, that much money would leave Miss Chen set while you were gone. "Three hundr- and if I win?"

"If you win?" Xin fu laughed, clearly doubtful of that; then he saw the seriousness in your face. "Hm, Okay, if you somehow climb the brackets and defeat The Blind Bandit... how does 500 gold pieces sound?"

Your jaw almost dropped to the floor, but you were still a tad skeptical. "Three hundred Gold pieces guaranteed?"

Xin Fu nodded, "I'm a man of my word, Y/n. All you have to do is make me and my underground business some money."

After a moment of thought, you rushed back into the orphanage and yelled out, "Miss Chen, I'm going back into town, I'll be back later!"

𝙸𝙸

"So, who am I fighting?" You directed at Xin fu as you made your way to the Arena through a dim lit tunnel.