Chapter 40: Present Day

Start from the beginning

Mark barely had the door open before Beth reached out and pulled me into the house. She looked absolutely stunning. Her long blond hair was down and styled in waves around her face, and the pale pink blouse was the perfect complement to her pale coloring and neutral makeup. She beamed at me and shoved a bottle of champagne in my hands.

"Ree, we have so much to talk about. And by that, I mean sex talk. So much sex to talk about."

"It must be yours because I haven't gotten any in a while."

Mark quirked an eyebrow at me, removing my coat and then whistling low. "With the way you look, it'll be a matter of hours before I'm inside your -"

"That's enough, big guy. Save the smut talk for later. It's my turn with her now."

"He's right," Joshua said, wandering down the hall to us. "You look beautiful."

After our small tickle war, Noah gave me plenty of time to prepare, knowing it was my first time out of the apartment and seeing everyone together. I was so glad for it after their reactions. I needed to feel pretty and sexy and wanted. Having my neck sliced open and still stitched and bandaged made me feel the opposite of all that.

I chose tight, dark, washed jeans I knew showcased my ass wonderfully and a silky teal camisole that set off my eyes and tits. A cropped suede jacket and heeled ankle boots completed the look.

Noah nuzzled my neck, kissing me above my bandage. "I love it when your hair is down."

I wore it this way so I could cover my war wound. I preferred ponytails. Except, as Joshua and Mark nodded their agreement, I'd make sure to wear it down a lot more.

Grabbing the box of wine from Noah, Mark led us into the house and toward the expansive dining room and huge neighboring kitchen. Thad stood at the center island, carving the turkey and surrounded by platters of beautifully prepared food. He smiled at me, giving me a tilt of his chin.

"Regan, you look ravishing." To punctuate his compliment, he placed an olive on his tongue and then chewed it slowly, maintaining eye contact.

I smiled, maybe giggled a little, and blushed.

Thad winked.

"Knock it off, Thad. I'm sick of your shit," Noah warned. He started yanking wine bottles from the box Mark placed on the opposite counter. If he slammed them down any harder, we were going to have a pool of wasted and expensive wine to clean up.

"Uh oh. What's happened now?" Joshua shoved Noah out of the way and took over. "Let's not damage the alcohol, okay?"

"Thad has cameras in the apartment. In the shower. He's probably been watching Reggie in there this whole week."

Mark and Joshua spun around to Thad who gave no reaction and just kept carving the turkey like he wasn't being accused of anything unsavory.

"Oh, he definitely has," Beth pressed her lips together in a funny little grin. "And I've been benefiting from it."

"Thad, man, what the hell?" Joshua sounded disappointed in him rather than angry. "She didn't know?"

Mark was about to yank the carving knife from Thad's hand and stab him with it.

"We can discuss this later," Thad finally said. "Dinner is ready."

"Dinner can wait," Noah started.

"Actually, it can't," I interrupted. "I'm starving. This all looks amazing, and before I start chugging this champagne, I need to eat first."

"Truce!" Beth exclaimed and grabbed my arm. "We can sit. They can serve us."

Mark snapped, "We're going to talk about this."