Threatened Classmates

Himanshi had been ill the other day. She was so ill that she had to skip school for a day, a day at school which was very productive. Himanshi felt regret for missing school, even though it wasn't her fault.

She tried to ask the girls of her class for notes but most of them were also absent on the day Himanshi was. Himanshi had no choice but to ask the boys for her class for help.

She didn't hate her male classmates but knowing their behaviour, they probably didn't pay much attention in class.

"Uh hey, I need a little bit of..." Himanshi said as she approached one of the boys.

As soon as the boy saw her, he scurried away nervously, as if someone had just threatened him.

Himanshi tried to approach the other boys of her class and ask for their notes but all of them avoided her like the plague. Suddenly, she bumped into Aryan.

"Hey! How's my kitten doing today?" Aryan said as he leaned in close to Himanshi.

"Please stop calling me that. But thank goodness you're not avoiding me like I have a skunk attached to me." Himanshi replied in a calm and polite tone

"Why would I avoid my kitten? She's such a cutie afterall." Aryan said as he pinched one side of Himanshi's cheek

"Again stop calling me that. Can you please give me yesterday's notes?" Himanshi pleaded, desperation creeping inside her.

"Why should I do that? It's not like you're my girlfriend or something." Aryan told her in a monotone voice, while stroking a lock of Himanshi's hair with his hand.

"Because you'll be helping a classmate in need." Himanshi replied, trying to convince Aryan to give her notes. "Please, most of the girls were absent yesterday and almost all the boys are avoiding me..." She added with a hint of desperation.

"Yeah of course they are, I warned them to." Aryan said, amused at Himanshi's words.

"Why would you do that?" Himanshi asked in disbelief as she stepped away from Aryan.

"I gotta do what I can to keep my kitten all to myself." Aryan said as he stepped forward, towards Himanshi.

Himanshi walked away, disappointed in Aryan's behaviour. As she was around 1/2 metre away from Aryan, she bumped into Karthik.

"Yo carrot!" Karthik greeted with a cheerful smile on his face while fixing his hair, trying to look presentable to Himanshi

"Hi Kartik! You're not avoiding me?" Himanshi greeted, a bit confused as to why Karthik didn't avoid her.

"Because that Aryan said so? Nah, I don't really listen to him." Karthik replied as he leaned closer to Himanshi

"Anyways I need yesterday's notes, would you please give them to me?" Himanshi asked with a smile on her face.

Karthik reached into his locker and pulled out a file of notes. Just as he was about to hand the file to Himanshi, Aryan stepped inbetween.

"You too do realise that I have been standing here this whole time." Aryan said with a bit of a menacing tone

"No one cares." Karthik replied, slightly pushing Aryan away and streching his hand towards Himanshi.

Aryan quickly took the file from Karthik's hands and raised it up in the air, just out of reach of Karthik and Himanshi.

"Aryan give me the file please." Himanshi said as she tried to reach and grab the file

"Not until you leave your 'Appa nahi manege' nonsense and be my girlfriend" Aryan demanded

"Why don't you go and take your ego somewhere else, you jerk?! She's mine." Karthik said as he stepped towards Aryan

"Aryan you can't do this! Please learn how to be nice to people!" Himanshi exclaimed, disappointment in her eyes.

Aryan stared into Himanshi's eyes, his hand still in the air. For some reason, Aryan's hand began to slowly fall down his side.

Just as the file was in Himanshi's reach, she grabbed it and walked away.

P.S. - I want to know who you all think is going to win Himanshi's heart.