𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

Начните с самого начала

"She's the only one that's sent me anything back," Bella stated, watching as Paul's eyes raked over the page one last time. "I've tried Alice, Edward, even Emmett— nothing."

"She tried to kill you, Bella," Jacob reminded the girl, obvious disdain for the entire family laced in his words. "I wouldn't be celebrating over getting a damn letter as an apology."

Bella shook her head. "It wasn't her fault, Jake— you don't know what's she been through," she responded, coming to to her friend's defence. "I'd never hold it against her, or Jasper."

"It doesn't matter, 'cause she's still a killer; just like the rest of them," he all but spat, lips curled back as he stared down at Bella. He didn't know Augustine, hadn't even met her, but he just couldn't understand why Bella was protecting the people who left her.

Killer. A word that Paul used to associate with the girl in question; but that was before. Now, hearing it come out of Jacob's mouth, he couldn't stop his fist from twitching at his side. "Don't say that, man."

Jacob's attention flickered to Paul's. "What? You suddenly on team leech now, too?" he scoffed out, crossing his arms over his chest. "You're just saying that 'cause she's your Imprint. I'm surprised you even believe in that shi—"

Paul's fist connected with Jacob's jaw in an instant, and it was paired with an aggravated growl.

Bella had stumbled back when the boys literally dragged each other outside, phasing before her to have yet another fight. It was giving her deja vu, because the way she'd uncovered their secret was due to a brewing fight between Paul and Jacob, with her in the middle. Here they were again.

Sam ended up emerging from somewhere within the home, squeezing past Bella in the doorway to go try and break up the snarls and growls that filtered through the air. Now, Bella had seen Paul angry before, but last week's spat was nothing in comparison to the rage she practically felt radiating off of him.

It seemed like Augustine was a sore subject for Paul, and no one was allowed to comment on her honour.

Jared crept up behind Bella, the girl tending for a moment when she heard his voice snicker from beside her. "My money's on Paul, again," he said, crossing his arms over his bare chest as he came to stand beside the human girl. "Almost lost my fingers when I asked about her the other day— would not recommend."

"You know August?" Bella questioned, turning her attention to the boy next to her rather than dwell on the sounds of distant teeth clashing in the woods.

Jared scoffed. "I'd see her by the treaty line, yeah, but she's all Paul used to talk about," he started normally, just before his tone turned high pitched in a mocking way, "Oh, I just hate how she smells like the ocean, and oh I just hate that she's "one of them"— and did I mention that I hate how good she smells? Like shit, never thought we'd hear the end of it."

Bella laughed lightly, shaking her head. "Surely he wasn't that bad," she responded, "from what I've seen, I thought he kinda liked her."

"Oh, he does," Jared wistfully replied, slouching against the wooden doorway with a sigh. "And ever since they left, which I'm so not complaining about by the way, all he does is wallow... it's so gross."

"August is probably wallowing around, too," Bella mused, leaning her head against the adjacent doorframe when Sam came back into view from the treeline with an agitated Jacob in tow. "If it weren't for the eyes, I'd think she was human. She's very... normal."

"Not normal enough—" came Jacob's grumbled tone, just before he was cut off by Sam smacking the back of his buzzed head. He pushed his way inside, Jared eagerly following him to get the details of the scrap.

Bella's gaze flickered to the woods when a low, almost pitiful howl sounded through the air. Sam must've seen her inquisitive gaze, so he piped up. "It never ends well for a shifter to be away from their Imprint for so long," he told her, the girl's eyes zeroing in on the taller shifter. "No matter how hard he's been trying to fight it, the spirit warrior within knows that he needs her."

"Yeah, but I think it's a bit too late for that," she mumbled, equally as pitiful as the howl in the forest, "cause they're all gone, and I don't think they're coming back."

⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆

[ wyn's note ]

paul in his wallowing era! cue: come back... be here by taylor swift LOL

started it with a letter because out of all the cullens, there's no way our augustine would've left bella completely high and dry after what happened because as bella said; she's very... normal. very human to her core, honestly.

till the next! (oh and paul obvs won the fight, duh) all love xoxo