King and the Kids

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A baby cried in the other room. Kingsley looked into the basket. Not seeing anything else.

"Now where'd you come from, small one?" He picked up the child. A piece of paper fell out from the blanket. "What's this?" He picked it up. "Morality."

The baby laughed and grabbed Kingsley's hand.

"We are going to have so much fun."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~''

"Patton, you rascal." Kingsley huffed playfully, while chasing the toddler.

"Peek-a-boo." Patton laughed while running from the other. "Boo" He ran into the other room.

"You need to hold still. You can't run around the house, you might fall and get hurt."

Patton just laughed and ran off again.

Twenty minutes later Patton finally had a sippy cup of juice laying down next to the tired adult.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~''

"Look what I did King!" Patton shouted running into the kitchen. He handed the older one a piece of paper.

"That's so pretty." Kingsley took the paper and put it on the fridge next to several others.

"This one is a dog park with all kinds of dogs and puppies." Patton beamed proud of himself.

"That's amazing. Would you like to help finish dinner?" He asked the six year old.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'''

Kingsley woke up to the eight year old next to his bed. "Nightmare Patton?" He asked the child.

"No," Patton had a bundle of blankets in his arms. "It's a baby."

"A what?" He sat up and carefully grabbed the bundle from his son's arms.

"This was with it." Patton pulled a piece of paper out of his pocket. "Where did he come from?"

"I'm not entirely sure. You remember the story when I found you?" Kingsley asked. Patton nodded. "It's the same thing." He unfolded the paper. "Logic."

Looking at the sleeping child he smiled. "Go back to sleep, Patton. I'll help the baby. You can help tomorrow."

"Okay King." Patton walked out of the adult's room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~''

"Logan!" Patton whined. "Give me back my glasses."

"No!"

"Done with schoolwork?" Kingsley asked Patton, walking in to see what the commotion was.

"No. Logan keeps grabbing my glasses and books." The ten year old grabbed his glasses back, making the other cry.

"Why don't we give him his own then?" Kingsley went back into his room, only to come out a moment later with a children's book and a smaller pair of glasses identical to Patton's.

"We have the same glasses!" Patton exclaimed.

"bwooks!" The two year old reached his hands out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'

"Logan. What are you working on?"

"Puzzles." The six year old stated.

"Can I join you? That sounds fun!" King sat next to the child.

"Yeah, I'm almost done with it anyway."

The two sat for the next thirty minutes focused on the task until a shout was heard from the kitchen.