keria walsh - back to normal

google forms request 🤩

a/n : set just after the world cup

It was finally time to head back to Barcelona after what i can only describe as a disaster of a world cup .  Get knocked out in the round of 16 really wasn't how i was expecting my world cup dream to finish but when we had our coach making stupid decisions i didn't really make our journey easy .
It also didn't help that my girlfriends team managed to get through to the world cup final meaning she was stuck in her camp until the game was finshed just when i needed her most . Don't get me wrong i would forever proud of her for getting there , it wasn't an easy journey for her either but i just couldn't help but want her all to myself in that moment .

So here i was sat on the plane , squished in between caro and ingrid on our way back to barcelona. I think the three of us were all just looking forward to be getting back into our usual routine after the disruption of the world cup in the summer .
Even though most of the players were heading back to barcaelona today but for obvious reasons both the players of the spanish and english national team were waiting a couple days until the came back so they could get there very much well deserved rest .
Meaning that i was still going to have to last a couple more days without keira being with me .

As i got back into our apartment which was silent after being untouched in over six weeks i instantly collapsed onto the sofa . The last month and been extremely tiring for not just me but our whole team . In every game every single person on the pitch were giving their all to try and secure a win and in the first game we failed that . We lost to new zealand who was a team we should be beating easy .
Moving onto the second game we were all in the right mindset to go in and win against switzerland. But when hege decided not to start both ingrid or caro i knew we were doomed .
Playing the 90 minutes against a strong switzerland team with two of our best players not come on until we were well into the second half was exhausting. And even after all of our best efforts we didn't even manage to come out of a win just a draw .

As the third and final game of the group stage came around and by now we were all exhausted . We had all been pushed to out limits after the last couple of weeks and it was beginning to show in the way we played . We also all knew that we had to win this game to have a chance of making it through to the next round and keep our world cup dreams alive .
Atleast this time hege decided to atleast start caro but she still was refusing to start ingrid but it was still something .
It was quite a relief when i managed to get our first goal quite early in , i think it gave us all so confidence to go on and win the game . That is exactly what we did with going on to win the game 6-0 .
For the game against japan , i was hoping for a win . I mean our starting line up was finally good for once but our team were just too burned out . Japan saw that and took advantage of it meaning we came out with 3-1 loss .

The first night back in Barcelona i barely slept , i just couldn't get my eyes to shut so as i went into training the next morning i felt as at any minute i could just fall asleep .
I managed to get through the day but i definitely would not say it was easy .
That night i slept abit better knowing the fact that keira was going to be coming back the next morning and i couldn't wait .
As soon as i heard the knock on the door at about 9.30 in the morning i jumped out of bed and ran down the stairs towards the front door .
There she was , stood on the doorstep her suitcase in hand and the second i saw her i jumped into her arms and refused to let go from her .

That was how i stayed until i was time to set off for training , i think keira noticed something was up with me . I was never usually this clingy after coming back from international camp but this time it was just different. Camo was just different .
I insisted on keira driving because now the two days of barely any sleep was finally catching up on me . As she drove a held her free hand as tight as i possibly could , it was as if i felt that if i was too let go that she was going to disappear from right infront of me .

Shortly after we pulled up at the training ground, the car park full to the brim with all of the other girls . We walked into the busy locker room hand in hand and as everyone started to get ready i still refused to let go of keira's hand .
" come on y/n , we both need to get changed for training " keira spoke trying to pry my hand off hers .
I didn't say anything to her just shook my head but eventually let go once she gave me her annoyed look .
I didn't see her again until we were all out on the training pitch and even then i didn't get to spend the amount of time that i would have liked with her .

It wasn't until we were back inside in the chill that i finally got to be back in the arms of keira .
I think most of the girls were quite confused to the way i was acting , i never usually acted this way towards keira around our teammates but today i was . And nobody knew why . Shortly after i had drifted off to sleep on keira shoulders but i was not in a deep enough sleep to block out all of the girls voices . I could still hear everything that they were saying . So once they started talking about the way i was acting i instantly tensed in keira's arms .

When it came around to the time for us to be leaving and keira try to shake me to wake me up which worked but she didn't need to know that . So instead i stayed with my eyes closed and with my head still lying on her shoulder .
I heard her sigh which made me slightly smirk knowing the fact she knew that she was going to have to carry me back to the car .
It can't lie it did feel nice to finally be back in keira's arm after what has felt like months .
And that night was probably my best night sleep since the first game of the world cup so it was definitely a well needed one . Just like that finally everything went back to normal .

a/n
now it is finally easter please keep requesting 🫶🏻🫶🏻