Chapter 13

*Third person POV*

After the argument, days passed as Jenna would ignore Allen. Even though after threatening him, Allen did things to piss her off. She just remained calm knowing that if she did something, that would be the end of him. She still had feelings for him and he still had feelings for her, which could be seen clearly. Though, he didn't want her to leave and he thought maybe what he did was too much, he wanted to apologize. but every time he'd try, she'd just ignore him.

She had been looking for a job after the resignation. After days and days of interviews, she felt exhausted and hopeless. Perched on a bench, she thought about what she should do now since she hadn't received any calls from any company she had handed out a resume to.

She didn't have anyone to share these stuff with since Sav had also left her job as she couldn't find anything this job was giving her apart from salary. She left for her country and decided to start her own firm. Whenever they were on a video call, she could see her face full of stress, even though she decided to hide it. She couldn't share it with her, she already had a burden of her firm to deal with. So, every time she brought up a convo about my life with Allen, she would just lie to her saying that he takes care of her and bring some random stories up.

I mean she could just run away but she was scared that if she does so, something might happen to her father and with this she wouldn't forgive herself. though Allen doesn't care about that and wouldn't do any of that but he was having fun playing this game with her.

As she was lost in her thoughts, a guy in his twenties approached her. He was charming, but he seemed like a playboy.

"hi" he said. this made Jenna come back to the present

"Hi" she responded with a smile

"I was wondering if you would like to have a coffee?" The guy seemed charming to her. At first she was hesitant but then she remembered her marriage wasn't real. Plus she had to do something to remove Allen's rage and bring out the feelings that he had been hiding. So she thought of taking the chance since the guy was a playboy and would eventually leave her.

"Sure, why not?" she answered with a smile "but first, what's you're name?"

"It's Alex, what about you?" Alex, that name gave her some familiar scene more of like déja vu.

"I'm Jenna"

"So Alex, when do you want to have this coffee date?"

"maybe, tomorrow? if it's fine with you" she gave it a thought before agreeing

"sure"

They then exchanged numbers. "see you tomorrow Jenna, I will text you the place and time"

"see you. Alex."

On her way she pressured her mind to retrieve information on Alex. After sometime of thinking about it, she remembered he was the same guy she saw when she was on a date with Sav. He was flirting with a waitress. After the waitress had left, he started flirting with a young lady probably in her 20's or so. We were shocked at his behavior. and when his girlfriend saw this, she slapped a glass full f water on his face. It was a scene! He had made a good example of never judge a book by its cover.

*Allen's POV*

I walked out of my room when I saw Jenna walking and smiling.

"What makes you that happy" I ask in an amusing tone.

Her smile disappeared as soon as she heard me

"That's none of your business" she said with a disgusted look on her face, which made my heart sink.

I ignored and walked towards the dining table where maiden Sarah had already served dinner.

After a while Jenna joined for dinner in her pyjamas.

I took few glances of her before returning my plate and leaving to my room.

.

.

*the next day*

I woke up at 12:00 since it was a Sunday. I could hear some faint humming sounds. Out of curiosity I stepped out. I saw Jenna walking out of her room in a pretty dress, her face covered in make up and she looked stunning that my heart almost skipped a beat.

"Where are you going" I asked standing in my room's doorway.

"None of you're business" she said sternly

Soon, the thoughts of her being with someone else took over. What if she was going to meet a man? What if she fell for him? but what if she was meeting up with her old friends?

I then took a deep breath and let the thoughts fade off.

I was also late, I had to meet up with an old friend. I got ready in a rush. Sprayed some cologne, took my car keys and drove off.

When I arrived at the café, I saw him waiting patiently for me. My old friend. I hadn't seen him in 10 years. He had gone to New Zealand for further studies, though after that he was to come back but was forced to take care of his father's business.

"Hey, Aaron, long time huh!" I said as I did our old greet

After some talk and sipping on coffee with croissants, my head wandered outside the restaurant as I admired the view and children playing by the tables. Just as I was taking my mind off the that, my eyes stopped at a woman. What was she even doing here? And who is that guy? After spying on them for a while, frustration and betrayal all rose up like never before. How could she even think of this? How could she..?

"Is she the one?" Aaron asked taking my mind off my thoughts.

"Huh!?"

"Don't pretend like you didn't hear it. your looks say it all, how jealous you are seeing her with a guy." he chuckled.

"not at all just some old friend"

I decided to change the topic and started taking his mind elsewhere.

" Get her before the guy gets her." he warned as took his blazer off the chair and walked away.

.

.

.

.

.

WHAT DO YOU THINK HE SAW?! ANY IDEAS?