Silently, JJ held out his canteen of water, allowing Charlotte to take a much need drink from it. Rafe hated himself for not being the one to do that. He didn't even think of it.

As if she had just noticed, Charlotte looked at the five people standing in front of her. "Where are John B and Sarah?"

What Rafe wanted to say was, "Who the fuck cares?" but he kept his mouth shut instead.

"Went after Big John," Kiara answered, "Now that we have you back...our next goal was to go after them."

Rafe tensed. He had never wanted to go after John B and Sarah. His one and only goal had ever been to get Charlotte back into his arms. Now that he had her he was about ready to get on a flight and leave the rest of these maniacs behind.

But even without looking at Charlotte's face, he knew that she would want to go after them. And that meant that's what he was doing too.

"We stay on alert," JJ instructed, patting the machete that sat in his waistband, "we use these only if necessary."

All of the Pogues had a blade. Rafe wasn't sure when they'd acquired them and why the hell he didn't have one.

"Okay," Kiara nodded, giving her sister a once over, assuring she was okay. Charlotte sent a small smile in the direction of her younger sister, letting her know that she was. As much as Rafe hated to admit it, he was glad Charlotte had Kiara, despite all of the younger one's faults.

The group resumed their seemingly aimless venture through the jungle. But this time, they knew a threat was out there without a doubt. Rafe kept Charlotte close to him, prepared to carry her through that damn jungle if she showed any sign of being too tired. She leaned into him, as if he was the only thing keeping her going. That made Rafe's heart swell, that he could provide her with so much comfort.

"This is the way to Eldorado," JJ pointed, squinting at the map they had acquired from one of the locals. "Best bet is that they're somewhere that way."

Rafe still thought the whole El Dorado thing was a crock of shit. But if following the Pogues was his and Charlotte's best way out of this fucking place, he would shut his mouth and put his pride aside — as hard as that was.

"Is Singh out here too?" Charlotte questioned, voice hoarse and weak.

Kiara nodded, "Think so. If Sarah and John B managed to free Big John, there's no doubt that Singh went after them."

Charlotte opened her mouth to respond, but quickly closed it, brows furrowing as she turned her head slightly. "I hear people," she muttered, a for a moment Rafe feared she had sustained yet another head trauma. But soon enough, he heard it too.

The Pogues paused, all of them doing their best to listen.

"That way," Pope declared, pointing in the direction of the voices. 

As the Pogues stupidly took off toward the voices, Rafe held Charlotte back for a moment. "Maybe we should just find our way out of here," he suggested, casting a glance over his shoulder. "Why would we go toward the voices and risked getting ourselves killed?"

Charlotte gave him a sad smile, both of them already knowing what she was going to say. "That could be John B and Sarah," she said softly, "I can't just abandon my friends." Taking a hold of his hands, Charlotte spoke again, "If you want to go then─"