˗ˏˋ꒰𖦹。 eight ⋆°✰꒱ ˎˊ˗ ˎ

i spent the day with gracie today, because she heard that i was sleeping away from home and then spending the next day out as well and almost had a meltdown. now she was helping me pack an overnight bag and get ready for my date with lando, the plan was for me to stay over at his apartment tonight and then go out in the boat early tomorrow, spend the whole day in it and then he'd drive me back that night.

"why cant i come with you?" gracie asks fidgeting with one of my makeup brushes

"because there's not gonna be any kids there bug" i tell her

"there's not any kids here" she shrugs

"true but mommy and daddy are here" i say "and they will miss you lots if you go with me"

"i'll miss you lots though" she frowns looking at me with her puppy dog eyes

"and i will miss you lots too but im going to spend some time with friends who i havent seen in a while and i've missed" i explain finishing my makeup and checking the time, lando should be here any minute now "i promise when im back we can have a day for just us two"

"okay" she gives up and there's a knock on the door

mom peeks her head in "lando's here" she says

"i'll be right there" i say getting up and picking my bag up from the bed "cmon bug"

gracie follows me down the stairs and all the way to the doorway where lando is chatting with sean i walk to him and greet him with a hug, saying bye to sean, we're almost out of the door when gracie stops us

"you didnt say bye to me" she frowns in front of me

"sorry bug" i lean down and give her a hug

"can the prince join us for our day out when you're back?" she 'whispers' but its loud enough for sean and lando to hear her and chuckle

"i dont know why dont you ask him?" i say picking her up with me "lando i think gracie will like to ask you something"

gracie hugs me tighter and shyly looks at him "can you go out with us when maya comes back?" she asks quietly

"i'd love to go out with you" lando tells her with a smile

maya smiles and then wiggles out of my arms running away with a 'bye' probably going to find my mom to let her know what lando said. lando and i walk out and to his car, he opens the door for me and then goes to his side, this time he has his mclaren with him.

"pulled out the flashy car just for me?" i tease

"of course" he smiles turning the car on "only the best for my stargirl"

"so where are we going?" i ask him

"well thats a surprise" he replies

the drive to monaco goes by fast, between the chatting and the music playing on the radio, the volume of it fluctuates between a low hum when we're talking and loud when we hear a song we like and we sing it loudly ourselves, this is already rated top 3 of my best dates ever and the date technically hasnt even started yet

"madam" he opens the door for me and puts his hand out for me to grab

we're standing in front of a restaurant in what i think is monaco's center because i can see the casino from where we are. the restaurant doesnt seem too busy, only a few people inside when we walk in, we get seated in the back (probably for privacy purposes) and given a menu before the hostess leaves saying our waiter will be there shortly

"are you in the mood for wine tonight? lando asks looking through the options on the menu

"im not sure" i reply, i like wine but its not something i order, usually i just drink whatever anyone else orders "if you want some i wont say no"

when the waiter comes to take our drink order he asks for a wine i cant pronounce and later on we order our food as well.

"i cant believe sean is engaged" lando tells me "i mean i can because him and annie have been together for so long but i cant believe he had the balls to propose"

"i think thats why he didnt tell anyone about it until he'd planned it fully" i say "so he wouldnt feel the pressure and panic"

"well he did it" he takes a bite of his chicken, i ordered a cheesy gnocchi with truffles "any new songs you want to share with me?"

"nothing i CAN show you right now" i speak "i sent everything i recorded to eli but as soon as he sends the final product back i'll give you a sneak peek"

"have you written any songs about me yet?" he asks with a cheeky smile

"not yet but there's still time" i shrug looking at him, his green eyes glimmer on the dim lights of the restaurant and his smile makes me feel warm and fuzzy (or maybe thats the glass of wine)

"i'll be waiting to hear it" he says sounding sure that i'll write him a song, and honestly if it all keeps going this well i might just do it "your sister is a cutie"

"she is" i smile at the thought of gracie "she's taken a liking to you"

"your whole family likes me you should just date me already" he says smugly

"i knew you couldnt take anything slow"  i joke, i didnt feel pressured by his statement, i knew he was playing around.

"oh i can take it slow" theres a suggestive tone in his sentence

"mister norris" i put my hand in my chest "who do you take me for?"

"my future wife of course" he smirks

"okaaaay" i laugh "and we're back to the beginning of the conversation"

"you know" he speaks out "when i first met you i had like the biggest crush on you"

"oh god when was that? like 5 years ago now?" i ask thinking back to when we met during his rookie year

"four i think" he says "anyways i remember telling alex and george about my crush and they made fun of me for it"

"there's no way" i laugh "im going to be honest back then i had a huge crush on charles"

"charles?" lando exclaims "of course it was fucking charles"

"what's that supposed to mean?" i laugh "listen charles is pretty cute okay?"

"charles is like THE pretty boy of the paddock" he shrugs

"yeah well i guess i have a type" i shrug back and he just smiles

after the dinner we drive back to his apartment, its my first time there and i cant help but look around curiously. his living room is clean and there's some decoration, but its mostly trophies and mclaren themed, i see there's also a dj table pushed to the side and a shelf full of his past helmets, the apartment is not big but its spacious enough for him to live comfortably, not that he spends a lot of time here anyways.

"your apartment looks exactly how i imagined it would look" i say as he closes the door behind him

"oh so you've imagined it" he wiggles his eyebrows

"of course" i place my bag on his couch and move to see his helmets up close "these here to impress the ladies?" i point at his trophies next

he nods jokingly "is it working?"

"not really" i shrug and then sit on the couch, he's still standing in his hallway "are you going to stay all the way over there the whole night?"

"im trying to control myself because i promised you to take it slow" he steps closer to me, but he's still far "but its been getting increasingly harder as the night goes by, that dress looks amazing on you" im wearing a black satin slip mini dress, that i'd bought the other day when hanging out with annie. my first thought hadnt been of the boy in front of me, however when getting dressed for the night the only real option had been this dress.

"does it now?" i get up again and walk towards him, fuck taking it slow, at least for tonight "this shirt has had the exact same effect on me" i trace down his chest, he's wearing a black button up but the first few buttons have left undone and show his chain glistening as the light hits it. the rest of the night is filled with kisses, sighs of content and hushed whispers in between.

✐ᝰ
i did not proof read this but i dont want to take like 2 months for me to post something again lol