21

Love was not all sunshines and rainbows, and she knew that.

Her parents had loved each other very much, but her mother never failed to wake up with a bruise on her wrist.

She knew her parents weren't perfect, know one was.

Every relationship had their faults, it was normal, right?

The sun had gone down to the point where she had seen it right out her window without having to lean up or down.

Waiting for Dallas to alert her that he was here and ready for her, she fixes her hair in the vintage mirror that her mom had gifted her.

It didn't make sense that Dallas didn't use the door when obviously she was alone at the house.

He signaled his arrival with pebbles thrown at the right corner of her window.

Taking one more look at herself in the mirror she adjusted her hair.

She hated how Dallas made her second guess how she looked in the morning, or late at night.

An aggressive throw hit the window and she rolled her eyes.

"Quit whining I'm coming" she said as she sighed.

Her Mary janes clicked as she walked to his car.

"Well well well, thought I would have to get cha' outta that room myself" he said cockily as he blew smoke into her face.

She whipped her hands in front of her face, clearing the smoke, "I was a minute late, get over yourself" she retorted

"Woah doll, don't get fiesty, you know I'm only pulling your hair" he reach out for a strand of her hair and she flinched backwards

"Touch my hair again and I'll cut that finger off" she snapped

"Get in the car, Aurora."

And so she did, she buckled her lap belt and prayed for the best as Dallas whipped out of the driveway and sped off into town.