Chapter 1 - Mint Chocolate Chip

MASAMUNE P.O.V.

It's been only a week since Ritsu died but it feels like it's been much, much longer. I'm not taking it so good and neither is Maka.

Today is his funeral. I walked into the funeral home with Maka holding my hand tight. Ritsu's parents noticed us. "Masamune. Thank you so much for staying with him until the very end. If there's anything we can do to help you and Maka, let us know." Said his mom.

After that, Maka and I walked up to the casket. Maka kneeled down and looked at him. She closed her eyes and was there for a few minutes. Then she stood up.

Then I kneeled down and looked at him. I started crying. I closed my eyes. I just couldn't look at him.

-

After Maka and I got back home, it was time for dinner so I made sushi, her favorite. We are in silence.

"Masu..." said Maka.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Do you... think Ri-Ri is happy up there?"

I started crying. "Y-yeah. He's probably happy. But I know he misses us at the same time. He's watching over us." I said.

she got up from her seat and came over to me and gave me a hug. "I miss him." I hugged her back. "Yeah... me too."

That night, we looked over all the pictures I took of us. We both cried at them. They were a mixture of happy and sad tears.

"And this... this is a picture of daddy and I at the beach." I said. It felt as if it were just yesterday. "It was the day I found out that he couldn't swim." I let out a small laugh. "I taught him how and.. and... after that we shared an ice cream."

"What flavor was it?" Maka asked.

I remembered Ritsu yelling, 'Mint chocolate chip!' And it made me cry more. "It was... it was...

mint chocolate chip."

---

I hope you guys enjoy this first chapter! I cried while writing it though ;-;