Chapter 6: Sonic vs Robotnik/Welcome home

"COMING THROUGH!"

Rachel's car zipped by with the Wachowskis and mobians inside, with Sonic driving.

"Uh, Sonic, I think it's best if you give the wheel to Tom." Nine said.

"No, no, no! This is my turn!" the hedgehog said as he nearly crashed into a car but avoided it. "Sorry, and-" he parked badly near some other cars. "Perfect park!"

Everyone gets out of the car.

"You sure you didn't hit?" Tom asked.

"Why did we let the alien drive?" Maddie asked.

"He asked for it." Nine sighed.

"Aye, and we nearly got killed." Sails agreed.

"Hey, I got us here." Sonic said. "And please. Five stars."

"No." Nine said bluntly.

They looked up and the TransAmerica building.

"So that's it?"

"Yep. That's the TransAmerica building, where your rings are."

"Wow! Look at that thing!"

"So what happens now?" Maddie asked and Sonic zipped off, seeing he wasn't there. "Oh, he's gone."

"Yep." Tom said.

"He's fast, alright, from what we saw when he needed help." Nine agreed.

Sonic zipped back beside him. "No good. We need a special key to get in there."

"What now?" Maddie asked.

"Time to infuse the power of justice in me." Tom said, but his wife and the foxes just looked at him.

*****************************************

Nine had his hood up so no one sees him and his mechanical tails covered his real ones. Sails has the same thing, but will take it off when he reaches to the top.

Mangey was wearing a collar, so everyone thinks he's a dog, because he's a feral.

They looked around, but where was Sonic?

Tom and Maddie came up to them and nodded. The foxes seem uneasy, but they went off to a lady near the desk.

"We need to get to the roof. Gotta get up there fast, before there is a human pancake." The sheriff showed his badge.

"You came all the way from Montana?" the lady asked.

"Yeah. That's pretty much how serious it is."

The lady looks at him and the vet, and then to the foxes. She gave the a card as Tom grabbed it.

"You just saved a life."

Later they arrived at an elevator stop as Maddie presses the up button.

"Never had to ask this, but where's Sonic?" Nine asked.

"How much longer? I can't breathe in here." Sonic's voice came from inside the bag as it's open space was revealed. "Hello? Anybody there?"

"You've gotta be kidding me..." Nine muttered.

"Do you have your child in that bag?" a businesswoman asked.

"No." Tom said, until, "I mean yes, it's a child, but it's not mine."

"It's not your child?" a businessman asked.

"Relax, I'm a cop, okay?" the sheriff said, then shaking the bag. "Plus he likes it in there, don't you, buddy?"