005 - 𝐯𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐫𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

"yes... Chris." I said gulping down my anger, turning it into fear. I thought it was over for a second, so I relaxed. 

Before I knew it Chirs swung his hand back and slapped my across the face, making me fall back holding the handprint he had left on my face. 

"go get that covered then you can go to work." he snarled before releasing me from his grip, as soon as I was let out of his grasp I ran upstairs into the bathroom. 

I was just standing there in the mirror of the bathroom, I looked up in the mirror in horror, the red handprint on my face shimmering in the rich people's light that went away when they did something wrong, I was trying to hold it together, but I couldn't I just started breaking down, my tears uncontrollably falling from my face, as I was crying I started to stumble over towards the draw that had all of my make up in. I could barely stand and here I was trying to cover up everything my husband had done to me. I wiped my tears and started taking shallow breaths as I tried to recompose myself for work and finish my makeup. 

I eventually got my makeup on, and the nasty red handprint covered so it would be unnoticeable.

I tried to get out of that house quicker than ever, I ran towards the girl's guest room, and for a second I even thought of telling them and taking it to the police, but I quickly remembered that I had to stick it out for them, I promised my mother I would.

I quickly pulled myself together before I went out to grab Beth, Amelia wasn't going with us because she had school today, but instead, she was going to stay over at a friend's house.  

"Beth, are you ready to go on the trip?" I asked opening the door to the guest house. Beth looked kind of surprised to see me and nodded. "yeah I am but why are you here this early we don't have to be there for the next 30 minutes." she said. 

Shit, I forgot I had been so worked up trying to get out of there to avoid I forgot I was early.

"oh yeah, I know I just thought we would........" I trailed off trying to think of an excuse. "that we would what?" Beth asked seeming suspicious. 

"uhm take Amelia to school early...." I said just on the spot. "well didn't Chirs make it so that the driver would take her instead?" Beth asked raising her eyebrows. 

"yeah but I figured we would do it instead," I said with a fake innocent smile. "okay..sure she's ready anyways..." Beth said, she still seemed suspicious of me, but she turned around to get Amelia before she asked more questions. 

It was an awkward drive to Ameila's school, the whole time Beth was staring right into my soul like she was still suspecting that I was lying, I mean I was but I just wished that this had never happened.

It was an even more awkward drive when we dropped Amelia off.

"so why did you come early and why are you wearing makeup?" she asked going right back to questioning me. That was one thing about Beth, was that she was very curious and very straight-forward, you could never make her do anything that she didn't want to do. Witch is why she never got a job in high school.