21. diwali celebrations

Just 4 days left for the semi-finals against New Zealand when Diwali approached. The team found themselves gathered in a lavish hotel in Bangalore, ready to celebrate the festival of lights together. The halls were adorned with colorful decorations, and the air was filled with the scent of incense and the sound of laughter and chatter.

Shubman, dressed in a vibrant turquoise kurta paired with pajama, mingled with his teammates, exchanging greetings and sharing in the festive spirit. Ishan, sporting a sleek black kurta and pajama, stood beside him, a grin plastered on his face as he posed for photos with the rest of the team.

Amidst the festivities, Shubman's attention was momentarily diverted as he caught sight of Nandhini entering the hall. His breath caught in his throat as he took in her stunning appearance—her headphones dangling around her neck, her attire a striking full-hand sleeve black floral blouse paired with a flowing lehenga skirt. She was the pure definition of elegance and grace with every step she took, her presence commanding attention.

Caught off guard by Nandhini's beauty, Shubman's foot accidentally collided with Ishan's, causing a sharp intake of breath from both men. Ishan shot Shubman a knowing look, his eyebrows raised in amusement.

"Smooth move, Shubman," Ishan teased, a playful smirk playing on his lips. "Looks like someone's got a case of love at first sight."

Shubman's cheeks flushed with embarrassment as he attempted to play off the mishap. "It was just an accident," he muttered, his gaze briefly flickering towards Nandhini before quickly looking away. "As if you never got mesmerized by Aditi," Shubman teased making Ishan roll his eyes.

The other players, noticing Shubman's distracted state, exchanged knowing glances and playful nudges, their teasing smiles indicating their awareness of his infatuation. They couldn't resist the opportunity to tease their friend, especially when it came to matters of the heart.

Virat, always quick remark, chimed in with a sly grin. "Looks like someone's got Diwali fireworks of their own," he teased, earning a chorus of laughter from the group.

Shubman rolled his eyes, though a shy smile played at the corners of his lips. "Come on, guys, cut it out," he protested, though his flushed cheeks betrayed his embarrassment. 

As the festive celebrations continued, Shubman found himself drawn to Nandhini, unable to resist the urge to be near her. Spotting her amidst the bustling crowd, he approached her with a playful smile.

Nandhini, engrossed in her phone, didn't notice Shubman's approach until she felt his arms wrap around her waist from behind. Startled, she looked up from her phone to find Shubman's warm gaze fixed on her.

"Hey there, gorgeous," Shubman murmured, his voice soft and playful as he nuzzled his nose against her cheek. Nandhini couldn't help but smile at his affectionate gesture.  "Hey yourself," she replied, her voice laced with amusement. "What's gotten into you, Mr. Gill? Sneaking up on me like that."Shubman's grin widened as he tightened his embrace, pulling her closer to him. "Just couldn't resist stealing a moment with you," he confessed making her blush a little while she smiled before placing a soft kiss on his cheek.