𝙇𝘼𝙆𝙀 𝙃𝙊𝙐𝙎𝙀 𝙄𝙑

Começar do início

after a little bit longer dinner was done and everyone was sat around the table. walker sat in the seat in front of you. tanner sat next to him, with heather on the other side.

"so, walker, what all did you do while you were in washington?" your mom asked. "except filming, of course." walker swallowed his food and looked at her.

"we did a lot of stuff. we had a lot of nights where we would just stay in, but we had even more nights where we went out to the city. we made like a bucket list of everything we wanted to do." he said and took another bite of his food.

your mom hummed and nodded. the rest of the dinner was pretty quiet, just the occasional small talk. after everyone was done they parted ways and went on to do their own things. you sat up in your room, scrolling on your phone. you get startled as your phone vibrated in your hands.

**

1 new message from leena 😍

leena 😍
uh i came outside and your jetski is floating away. come help pls 🙏🏼

**

you throw your phone and run downstairs. you fling open the back door and run down the steps to the dock. it was dark so you almost fell a few times. you see leena's figure and run up to her.

"why didn't you try and grab it?" you yell angrily and look to where your jetski was. it was still right there. you look up at who you were standing in front of.

it wasn't leena.

it was walker.

"uh- leena told me to come out here because my jetski was floating away." he said. "it's not. sorry. i'm going back in." he said and turned away from you. you hesitate before grabbing his arm. he jolts and turns back to you.

"why are you acting like i'm not even here? you won't even look at me, walker!" you yell, pulling your hand away from him. you wrap your arms around yourself, feeling like you wanted to cry. "i didn't want this to be different. i miss my best friend."

walker sighs before walking away.

"march 9th." you yell. he stops in his tracks. he doesn't turn. he stays frozen. "right now you're asleep in my bed. i just got done cleaning the kitchen. i spilled milk everywhere while we were trying to make cereal." walker is turned around at this point, staring at your shoes. he still won't look at you.

"it wasn't my fault the handle gave out on me.
you offered to help me clean it up after my dad yelled at me. i wouldn't let you, so i made you go upstairs and wait. i didn't think it was gonna take close to an hour. i came back upstairs and you were all snuggled into my bed, fast asleep. i'm not gonna tell you if you were snoring.
so now im sitting here at my desk, not wanting to bother you. you're really pretty when you sleep. except when you drool. and snore. if you do snore i'm still not gonna tell you."

you watch walker take small steps towards you, still not looking at you. you stare up at him.

"why won't you look at me?!" you say, reaching up to him. your hand lays on his cheek. he doesn't flinch, he doesn't react. nothing. you sigh.  you recite the last sentence of the page.

"i think i'm starting to l-"

"-to love you." he cuts you off. you stare up at him with teary eyes. he now has tears in his eyes.

"look at me, walker." you whisper. he closes his eyes.

"i can't." he whispered back.

"why not?" you say louder.

"because i'll fall in love with you again. i can't. i'm gonna leave again, some day. i'm gonna leave you again. i don't want to hurt like i did. i don't want to hurt you."

you look away from him. you two stand in silence for what feels like forever.

"i haven't stopped loving you." you whispered, your voice cracking. his eyes open and he finally looks at you. you look right back at him. how could his eyes still be so bright in the moonlight? "i memorized every page in the notebook you gave me. i read it every night. it's in my bag right n-"

walker slams his lips onto yours. you tense up, shocked by his actions. he pulled away almost as quickly as he kissed you.

"i haven't stopped loving you either." he whispered. you watched a few tears fall out of his eyes. you held both sides of his face and pulled him back down into a kiss.

maybe it won't be so different.

maybe you didn't change as much as you thought you did.

you'll always love him, and he'll always love you.

your love will always come back to the lakehouse.

****

ALL DONE!

i hope this ended in an acceptable way. thank all of you for voting, commenting, and overall just reading my stories! i hope y'all enjoyed it.

1433 words