Wei ying asked , "oh. Can I help him somehow?"

Xichen said , "maybe. I'm not sure".

Wei ying asked , "when will he return?"

Xichen replied , " he said in the letter that he'll return in three days and that I should take care of you in his absence".

Wei ying felt sad on hearing that wangji will be away from him for three days.

Xichen said , "Wuxian ! Don't worry. Wangji is strong . He'll be alright. Don't stress yourself".

Wei ying nodded. He then left from there.

----------

In snow valley:

In a huge hall Ji Ji (Wangji's dragon) was groaning in pain. He was scratching his body. Master Zhang was giving some powers and his spiritual energy to Ji Ji .

Master Zhang said , "I'm getting weak slowly. I don't think I'll live long . Wangji ! You will be the next guardian of snow valley after me".

Ji Ji was feeling better by soaking master Zhang's power and spiritual energy . Master Zhang have to give his power and his spiritual energy to wangji for these three days. He gave his half spiritual energy to wangji on wangji's first transformation.

Lan Que gave this duty to Master Zhang to relieve the next guardian of snow valley from pain of transformation.

For white dragons the first two transformations are extremely painful. After that they can freely transform into their dragon form .

Lan Que died due to an illness. His dragon wasn't much powerful because of passing through the extreme painful transformation process. He didn't had knowledge what to do in that situation.

Lan Que then did many experiments and finally found solution / formula for relieving from this painful transformation process. He did practice on that formula.

Before dying lan Que gave his powers to lan Zhang and told him to "help the next dragon in lan family even at the cost of his life". Lan Zhang promised lan Que that he will help the next dragon of lan family in his transformation process.

Master Zhang used the powers given to him by Lan Que in wangji's first transformation. But along with those powers lan Zhang's half spiritual energy was also used.

Now Lan Zhang was using those powers along with his spiritual energy to relieve wangji from pain.

---------

After three days , wangji finally transformed into his human form. His body was aching but he was feeling more strong powers inside him.

Wangji looked at the side wall when he heard someone's groan. Wangji got shocked to see Master Zhang in bad condition.

Wangji hurriedly went towards Master Zhang and asked, "Master ! Are you alright? What has happened to you?"

Master Zhang said in a weak voice, "Wangji ! My time is...over. Now.....you are the.....guardian of snow valley. Take....care ".

Saying this Master Zhang took his last breath. Wangji felt pain on seeing master Zhang die Infront of him.

A tear escaped wangji's eye. He had lived with lan Zhang for four years. He felt pain after loosing lan Zhang .

Soon Master Zhang's body turned into snow dust and flew in the air. Wangji bowed to lan Zhang for that last time. He sat there for a while.

After sometime , he got up from there . He remembered wei ying.