⋅──⊱༺  🩺🫀💋 ༻⊰──⋅

      "IS IT JUST ME OR ARE THOSE TWO WOMEN TERRIBLY ANNOYING?" Dr. Avery asked, referring to the two women that were shouting a few feet away from them. 

"My apologies, Dr. Avery," Dr. Bailey apologized. She had come down with Derek and Meredith to help a few minutes later and a group of doctors were gathered in the corner, hoping for the chance to meet the great Harper Avery. "We're working on getting you up to your own room as soon as poss—"

"Yeah, you said that before," Dr. Avery snapped, causing Sage to raise an eyebrow at Jackson, who was clearly embarrassed. "Are you the same Shepherd who did the clinical trial of gliomas?" he asked Derek.

"Yes sir."

"You brought me a neurosurgeon for some abdominal cramps?" he asked dryly. 

"No, I-I... Dr. Shepherd is our chief of surgery, sir," Bailey said.

"I don't need a cruise director." Dr. Avery waved his hand. "I need an experienced surgeon. Page Dr. Grey." They all looked at each other with confused expressions before Meredith took a step forward.

"I'm Dr. Grey," she said, causing the old man to chuckle. 

"Either the world's most talented plastic surgeon works here or you're Ellis Grey," he chuckled.

"She was my mother," Meredith explained. "She passed away." 

"Oh, I-I didn't know. Uh, my condolences," he said quickly before asking, "Who else then? Does, uh, Richard Webber still work here?"

"Yes. Unfortunately, he is, uh, he is not available today," Derek informed him.

Suddenly, Owen and a team of nurses and doctors, including Cristina, and a patient who was seizing burst through the door, causing the two women to start shouting again.