"Meanie." You say as a rebuttal, and then pause for a minute and then add quietly: "Love you."

This earns you the gentle scratching of your scalp from Tomura, but he doesn't say it back again. You can't even see his face really, so you just choose to trust him and cuddle up as close as you can to his side while he rubs your head gently.
It's strange just having Tomura in your bed instead of sharing the space with him and Dabi, but this was just fine too.
You're asleep by the time Zero speaks up again.

"You're not meant to be alone with her." He says into the dark.

"And I'm not. Go to sleep. That's an order."

*•*

You wake up to yelling.
And for a second, you're disorientated enough to question whether all your time with Dabi, and everything that had happened within the months you'd been with him had been dreamt. That actually, your mom was alive and well, and was arguing with one of her boyfriends again.
You sit up and rub your eyes with a frown, seeing Zero sat on the floor watching you, though. So you know it was all real, but you'd never woken up to yelling here before.

"Good morning Star." Zero greets with a smile, acting oblivious to the yelling. "Did you sleep well?"

"Why's there yelling?" You ask, frowning sleepily.

Zero hums, getting up from the mattress on the floor now you're awake and begins placing your soft toys at the foot of your bed neatly.

"Shigaraki wasn't meant to stay with you last night." He says simply. "Don't worry, I wouldn't have let anything happen."

He runs the palm of his hand down the back of your hair fondly and closes his eyes as he smiles. "Would you like to see your Uncle today?"

"Yeah, I always wanna see Uncle Giran." You reply, beginning to grow anxious at the sound of Dabi's raised voice. "But why are Tomura and Dabi arguing?"

"I'm sorry Star, I'm not allowed to tell you." Zero says apologetically. "It will be okay, though."

"You promise?" You ask quietly. "'Cause Dabi said he'd never yell, and when mom and her boyfriends used to yell, someone would end up getting hurt..."

Zero's face goes blank for a moment, but the soft smile soon returns and he sits on the edge of your bed, encouraging you to come to him for a hug, which you oblige him with, wrapping your arms around his torso and pressing your face into the side of his chest.

"That won't happen, because they aren't in an abusive relationship. It's simply an argument, everyone argues from time to time." He explains, wrapping an arm around you. "They're your parents. They want to protect you, but have different ideas on how to do that."

You listen intently, knowing that Zero is smart from when he has explained things to you before.

"I understand your upbringing was tough, and it made you fearful of raised voices, sudden sounds and conflict, but you need to understand that everyone is different. Not everyone will think and feel the same as you, and sometimes that will lead to arguments." Zero explains evenly, then tilting your head upwards using your chin. His mismatched eyes are soft as he looks down at you with a soft smile. "You can't change your opinions just to avoid conflict. If you believe in something, it's worth arguing for from time to time. It doesn't always end in violence."

"So they're not going to break up?" You ask quietly.

"I don't think so." Zero replies. "They seemed... happy, before the war."

"What war?" You ask with a frown.

Zero's eye twitches, and his smile falls. "Ah."

"There's a war?" You ask, worried.