FLASHBACK

Letting out a heavy sigh, galit kong ihinagis ang textbook ko sa sahig at napayuko nalang sa desk.

I felt tears stream down my tears as the bottled up frustration inside me starts overflowing.

Our results sa final have been handed out today, I've been preparing for this exam for a solid whole month.

Imagine the sweat and blood I've spent just to study for this.

I'm a graduating student, I can't just settle with an average grade. I need to somehow make an outstanding performance sa finals ko in order to reach the grades I want.

But when I took the exams, namental block ako and  somehow managed to mess up everything I studied for.

I knew it was there somewhere inside sa utak ko, but the time already ran out and I still can't remember the rest.

Kung tutuusin, mataas naman results ko, but it's not how I wanted it.

Wasn't how I expected it to be.

I felt the frustration and all the other feelings inside me just spurring out.

As an achiever student, failing to reach the expectation I set for myself feels the worse.

Idagdag mo pa yung fact na I studied for a whole month and still managed to screw up.

Call me OA, but it is how it is.

I was bawling my eyes out na halos di ko na napansin ang pag bukas at pag sara ng pinto ng kwarto ko.

I keep forgetting I don't live alone anymore.

Napatigil nalang ako bigla when I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist from behind pulling me into a soft gentle hug.

"Im so proud of you, please don't pressure yourself too much, you did great, My Cyrie," her soft spoken words echoed through my ears.

She let go of me, dun naman ako lumingon sakanya and looked up.

My hair's messy and my face is all wet.

She bent down a little para mapantayan ako as she flash a soft smile and carefully removed the strands of hair in my face and gently wiping away my tears with her hands.

"You're so beautiful that it hurts seeing you cry." she said.

Saglit nyang hinila ang isang silya para makaupo sa tapat ko.

I sniffled a little making her laugh.

"You're already 20 iyakin ka pa rin." West said while laughing.

Naluluha luha man, inirapan ko sya.

"Ikaw nga 23 di parin makaprito ng itlog," I retorted making her gasp.

"Huy, di kita narinig gagi" she said.

Somehow, her reaction managed to make me laugh and smile.

"Why are you crying?"

"Grades ko," I said while pouting.

"Oh is it out already? how did it go? ilan ka?"

"1.2"

"Really?! Oh gosh! Im so proud of you reirei!" West squealed before pulling me in for a tight hug while pinching my cheeks.

"Aray!"

"Aw sorry.. you did so great. i-im speechless!"

"It's not enough... I wanted 1.0" I replied.

She then cupped my face with her warm hands.

"Don't ever say na di enough. Everything you did, you worked hard for it, you deserve it!"

"Exactly... I worked for it, do i still not deserve the best?"

"You deserve the best, just being you and everything you do is already the best amongst everything Rei!, don't sulk na!" she said cheering me up.

"But-"

"Im so proud of you, sobra. You don't have to pressure yourself, you did so great and just being you is already the best alright? How about we go buy milkteas to celebrate? libre ko" she said while holding my hand.

"West, even ba di na ako yung the best, will you still stay with me? will you still care for me?"

She sighed before smiling again.

Her smile is so reassuring and comforting.

"Whatever happens, kahit maging ano ka pa, im always here for you. For everything you do, I'd always be your greatest fan and supporter. I'll always be here, im your bestfriend forever," she said then hugged me tightly.

END OF FLASHBACK

I dont know if I really was just a naive para di maintindihan yun dati pa.

We can't be anything else, ayun na talaga status namin.

Just friends and nothing else.

If may sisisihin man ngayon,

It'll be me and only me.

It was my own fault for falling for my own bestfriend, even though I knew she was straight and would never catch the same thing as I do.

Kung tinigil ko na sana dati pa, di naman siguro aabot sa puntong I've imprisoned my own feelings for her.

Aside kasi sa takot na ako mag take ng risk, I gave my heart to her already.

And that's something that's definitely the dumbest thing to do.

Now that I'm starting to catch feelings for someone, my heart is still chained up with her.

I can't pick both,

Tutal, sya na rin mismo nagsabi sabi, we can't be more than just friends, I think it's already clear enough for me.

Should be clear enough na I should stop this stupid affection.

"Huy! tulala?" West said making me snap back into reality as she chew on her foods.

"H-huh? ako?"

Saglit pang tumitig sakin si West at tumingin tingin sa buong bahay.

"May iba ba tayong kasama rito sa bahay?" she asked rhetorically.

"My bad, may iniisip lang. Buti nagustuhan mo pinagdadala ko," I said as kickback and lay on the couch as I grab the remote.

Napagisipan naming dalawa to watch some movies since wala rin talaga kaming gagawin ngayong araw.

"I appreciate everything you give and do, Rei"

There she is again, with her words.

"Maarte ka kaya, hirap mo pasayahin."

"Just stay with me and I won't ask for more," she casually replied bago sumandal sa balikat ko.

Pano mag mo-move on sayo West Sullivan?