"You and I need to talk, Missy. Later, okay?" Brian moved closer to me and kissed my forehead. "I'm glad you're awake."

"I'm okay, dad," I said with a smile. Brian patted my cheek and nodded once. He spun around and as he passed Tim he patted him on the shoulder.

"Be good to my girl or I'll-"

"Kick my ass, I know," Tim finished with a smile and everyone laughed.

"Come on, Sweetheart. Let's go spoil your dinner with ice cream." Trevor smiled and started to follow Susan. Just before he left the room he stopped and turned back to me.

"You'll be awake when I get back right?" I smiled and nodded at him.

"I promise I won't go back to sleep until I see all the cool things you made for me, okay?"

"Good," he responded and grabbed Susan's hand as they left the room. I looked back to Tim who still hadn't moved closer to me and I dropped my smile.

"So are you just going to stand there?" My voice was quiet but sharp, not caring that it came out all wrong. He'd been standing there like I was going to give him some kind of disease or something. His distance and strange faces said he didn't want to be here.

Deciding that I wasn't just going to sit here and let him watch me, I moved to adjust myself and winced. Tim was at my side in a flash, grabbing my arm and trying to help. I stopped and looked up at him with a confused look.

"I have to be in pain for you to come closer to me?" I took in a deep breath and moaned internally. Tim had always smelt like home and comfort to me. Being without that smell was something I didn't realize I depended on until I'd been away from it for so long.

"I'm sorry. I just don't know what to say. I should just go," Tim said and dropped my arm.

"Really? I've been through hell and you're just going to leave now? What in the world is wrong-" I felt his lips against mine a second later, stopping my rant. His hands were on the sides of my face, holding me against him. I tried to move back from him but he just moved with me, tangling his fingers in my hair.

I gave up and kissed him back. I wasn't strong enough to fight this thing between us and I ddn't care that he was mad at me. Hell, I didn't even know why he was mad at me. All I knew was right this second he wanted me and I'd be stupid to deny someone too good for me.

I slowly reached up and locked my arms behind his neck. The second my skin touched his, Tim deepened the kiss and I allowed it. His lips were stiff but slow at first, driving me insane. I'd been without him for too long and my body felt like it was having withdrawal's. I tugged him closer to me, pulling him down on top of me. He pushed my face away quickly and half jumped off me.

"God, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you. Are you alright?" He scanned my body but all I could do was smile. I touched my lips and then looked back to him, smiling wider. He frowned when I didn't answer a few seconds later and he slowly came closer to stand by my bed.

"You must hate me," Tim said making me stop smiling and frown.

"Why in the world would I hate you? If anything you should hate me. I put your son in danger and ruined your home. I guess I'm just wondering why you're still here and not running for the hills?"

"I love you," was all Tim said. I gasped and looked up at his face. His eyes were watching mine carefully, waiting for me to freak out. That wasn't going to happen though. I think I'd loved him from the beginning and was just too scared to admit it. He's been the only man to ever want me for me and not try to change me.

"Please say something. I'm dying here." I blinked a few times and looked back to Tim. I'd forgotten that I hadn't spoken yet.

"I love you," I said so quietly I hardly heard myself. Tim moved closer to me and squinted his eyes playfully.

My Messy Lifeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें