ch. 28

"TOSHIII!!"

shiho yelled ushijima's name as she burst into the shiratorizawa gym, the rest of the team freezing as they got the living daylights scared out of them.

"akira. nice to see you again," ushijima nodded, walking over to the girl. shiho grinned and held up her hands for a high five, ushijima returning the gesture as he tried to smile.

shiho laughed, patting ushijima on the shoulder. "close, but needs more work." ushijima nodded, walking back towards the rest of the boys, who had now formed a line, interested in the sudden appearance of a female who seemed to get along with ushijima.

shiho quickly followed, grinning as she scanned the group of boys for potential friends she could kidnap.
"waka-chan, who's this?" a boy with spiky red hair questioned, lazily slinging his arm over ushijima.

"my name's akira shiho. it's nice to meet you! i became friends with ushijima while he was at a training camp in america, which i also attended," she quickly explained.

"tendo satori, right? guess monster? i've heard about you," she smiled, extending her hand for a handshake. tendo grinned, shaking the girl's hand.

"flattered you know who i am," he laughed. shiho playfully rolled her eyes. "tooru wouldn't stop telling me about "this one middle blocker who's freakishly good","she chuckled.

"tooru? oikawa? you're on a first name basis with oikawa tooru?" a boy with black-tipped grey hair asked.

"yeah, i've known him since middle school. i used to be their manager. still am, so we're pretty close." she nodded. the boy nodded back. "semi eita, by the way."

"i'm goshiki tsutomu! you're really pretty!" a boy with messily cut purple hair yelled, bowing. shiho jumped, a little startled at the sudden outburst.

she laughed, waving at the poor boy to raise his head. "thank you, goshiki-kun. i think you're pretty too," she chuckled.

goshiki smiled widely, looking proud of himself though burning red. the rest of the team went on to introduce themselves, shiho trying her best to memorise their names.

"what brings you here though, akira-san? you mentioned you go to aoba johsai, didn't you?" the boy she now knew as ohira reon asked.

"no reason. i just needed to clear my head for a second. plus, i haven't seen toshi in a while," she shrugged, gesturing towards the stoic male.

"how long did the training camp go for?" tendo asked, tilting his head sideways. "the training camp? well, i dropped in and out for two years because my uncle ran it, but it usually goes for six months at a time. why?"

"six months? you managed to befriend waka-chan in six months? impressive," the red-head smirked. "it was mostly thanks to atsumu and sakusa-chan," she shrugged.

the boy's eyes widened. "miya atsumu and sakusa kiyoomi? goddamn, you've gone and befriended every top player there is," he laughed. "guess i'm just that like-able," shiho joked, mock-curtsying.

the next hour was spent talking and joking with the shiratorizawa boys before tsukishima texted shiho to get back for dinner.

"sorry for taking up so much of your practice time! next time i'll actually play instead of just talking," she laughed sheepishly.

"i'll be looking forward to that," ushijima nodded. "same here! feel free to drop by any time," tendo grinned. the team bid farewell to shiho as she made her way back home, still smiling.

her visit to shiratorizawa had distracted her from the stress of confessing, and had actually helped a lot in clearing her mind and getting her in a good mood.

"tendo-san's hair is really cool... i should try dyeing my hair that colour some time," she chuckled to herself. "semi-san's too... guess that's two more possibilities going on my list of "future hair colours"."

«⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅»

"where'd you go? you didn't have practice today," tsukishima asked, eyeing his cousin. "shiratorizawa," she answered nonchalantly. "went to visit toshi and clear my head for a bit."

tsukishima stared at the girl. "...i keep forgetting you're friends with people i know," he scoffed. "trying to gatekeep people from other volleyball teams?" shiho retorted, raising an eyebrow.

"no, why the fuck would i- whatever. i just get a little thrown off every time you mention that you're friends with someone i've versed before," he mumbled.

"it's really not that big of a deal. i play volleyball too, so i'm bound to know at least some of them," shiho shrugged. tsukishima mumbled something under his breath before going back to his food.

shiho rolled her eyes and picked up her plate, thanking her aunt for the food before promptly washing her dish and heading back to her room.

she didn't bother switching the light on, falling right onto her bed as she turned on the dim lamp on her bedside table that brokenly flickered ever so often.

sighing, she draped an arm over her eyes as she went over what she was going to do tomorrow. despite the reassurance of everyone around her and the clear, clear fact that she knew kunimi liked her back, she couldn't help but worry it wouldn't work out.

what if they ended up dating but realise that they aren't right for each other? what if they start dating and it's awkward?

shiho sighed for what felt like the hundredth time that night, throwing her covers over herself as she closed her eyes and willed for her brain to shut off.

"please, whatever god is up there, help me get through tomorrow without having a fucking mental breakdown."

«⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅»