Standing Next to You

Start from the beginning

"I just needed to grab my notebook and the pen and ink. Nothing much." Your hand proceeded to flip open the satchel's hood as Blade allowed you to do so. Thinking back, your previous guards had been the ones carrying your items in the past whenever you took a trip outside the estate grounds. In contrast to Blade however, he never uttered a single complaint or opinion whenever you requested him to carry a few items.

"Then you may, mistress."

Your gaze met his. Blade's eyelids had been drooping even lower than before, almost closing at the current moment. However, Blade had only remained his attention on you, awaiting for what to say due to his lack of interest in socialising. His words were often firm and blunt, but it was intriguing in the sense that you do not have to worry about his hidden opinion.

"Just close your eyes for now. I assure you that I will not fall off into the lake or other circumstances that may concern you."

Without a few seconds that had passed by, Blade answered.

"Very well then, mistress."

Blade had only blinked, yet your persistence displayed nothing more than the eagerness in having his well-being your concern. Nonetheless, Blade nodded as his eyelids finally closed. He knew now not to protest with you any longer as it would have been better to comply with your requests, whether it is trivial or not.

                                                             -------------------------------------------------

 After some time underneath the bright sun, you were mindlessly strolling around the area and at times, sitting down to write in regards to your studies and some potential business negotiations. Perhaps it would be preferable if you could start making more connections once you socialise at the General's celebration.

The soft breeze continued to rush by as the weather gradually became cooler. The warmth of the sun slowly faded as the hours passed. It was a calming day, the grey clouds stretched out across the whole sky, despite a few rays of sunlight escaping to hit the surface of the land.

Though the relaxing atmosphere fascinated most of your attention, your eyes have stolen a few glimpses of Blade peacefully resting by the tree with his arms crossed from afar. For a man who is expeditiously stern, the view of Blade peacefully resting from afar was an uncommon sight. Indeed, it had seemed to be that the day was now fully accomplished, and you could not wait to return back

 Wiping off the sweat from your forehead, you proceeded to walk back to your guard along with the items you have been carrying with you. Of course, you did not stray far off due to your mind, reminding yourself that Blade will remove himself from his position. So, your feet continued to walk, rising up to each step up the hill to where the tree protected Blade from the warm sun.

With each step approaching closer to Blade, a light gush of wind swept from behind, urging you to go to him faster. When you finally reached him, he remained asleep, possibly unaware of his surroundings. Perhaps the area itself was peaceful enough to let his guard down even for a few hours.

"Blade..." You softly muttered.

Not a single muscle had moved.

You kneeled only on the soft grass, placing your hands on your lap deliberately as your gaze went to his. Blade was peacefully sleeping, vulnerable enough to perhaps even steal a light touch on his face. His broad chest was expanding in and out, breathing in the fresh air of outside: in fact, not once had you ever witnessed Blade display himself in a more serene manner. Being close to Blade's proximity, you could not help but stare with curiosity.