Strangers In The Night

Zacznij od początku

"Absolutely. I was waiting for you in that alley. Watching you watching me and then you began to speak."
The man, with his beautiful, flowing brown locks, spoke in a gentle tone while the interviewer's cigarette smoke billowed upwards.

"Pfft, what a lucky break for me."
The interviewer retrieved his cigarette from the ashtray and placed it between his lips

"Perhaps lucky for both of us."
Confused, the interviewer paused and directed his attention towards the wall.

"You said you were...waiting for me."
The interviewer shifted his position to get a better view of the man.
"What were you going to do? Kill me, drink my blood? All that stuff?"

He looked down at his cigarette.

"Yes. But you needn't be concerned with that now."
His gaze remained fixed on the window, unmoving and unyielding. He remained motionless, refusing to shift his attention or even glance away. His stare persisted, unbroken.

"You really believe this, don't you? That you're a vampire?"

The man pivoted his body, now positioning himself sideways. As a result, his head and face became visible, allowing a glimpse of his defined features, including a strong jawline. Additionally, his hair was neatly pulled back, ensuring that no strands obstructed his face.

"We can't begin this way. Let me turn on the light."
The interviewer was now facing him but remained seated.

"I thought vampires didn't like the light."
The interviewer spoke in a 'matter of fact' tone.

"We love it."
The man started walking towards the light switch in the room.
"I only wanted to prepare you."

The moment the light above them flickered on, the man materialized before the interviewer. In an instant, he went from standing by the light switch to occupying the chair opposite the interviewer.

The interviewer jumped up by the sudden movement.
"Christ!"
The interviewer stepped back from the table.

"Don't be frightened."
The man's face became increasingly clear. Blue and green veins were prominently visible all over his face, while his eyes shone with a vibrant green hue. His complexion appeared even paler than that of a lifeless body.
"I want this opportunity."

The interviewer began pacing in front of the man seated at the table, maintaining a safe distance from his apprehension.

"How the hell did you do that?"
The interviewer now leaned against a wall in between two windows.

"The same as you do. A series of simple gestures. Only I moved too fast for you to see. I'm flesh and blood...but not human. I haven't been human for 200 years."

"Please..."
The man motioned towards the chair, indicating that he wanted the interviewer to sit down. The interviewer approached cautiously, keeping a close eye on the vampire's presence.

"How can I put you at ease? Shall we begin like "David Copperfield"? "I am born..." "...I grew up." Or shall we begin when I was born to darkness, as I call it."

The interviewer gently rested his hands on the wooden table before settling back into the chair he had occupied moments before.

"That's where we should start, don't you think?"
The interviewer's fear intensified as he faced the man who confidently asserted his identity as a vampire.

"You not lying, are you?"

"Why should I lie?"
The interviewer put the cigarette in his mouth and took a quick puff.