struggling and coping

Now for this situation, a red ghost floating type of creature would be hard to explain to anyone, especially to your mom. Not a problem however! As it seems that Kris is the only one who can see this red ghost; Doesn't make this situation any less confusing than it already is though.

As much as Kris tried to shake off the ghost, it still was dragged along no matter how much they tried. And believe it they tried as much as they could before they had to get into their mom's car.

Once in the car, Kris looks into the car mirror, they can see the red ghost in the backseat, with a seatbelt on and everything. No clue why it needs one or how it can make contact with the seatbelt in general. Kris doesn't have the time to think about it as they already make it to the school building.

Once they all enter, Kris's mom turns around to give them a goodbye hug, the red ghost is behind Kris, watching this all happen, much to Kris's slight embarrassment. As Kris's mom lets go of Kris, she says her final goodbyes before walking to the other side of the school building.

When she's completely gone, making sure with nobody else in the school's hallway, Kris turns to the red ghost. "Listen here, you won't talk to me the rest of the school day" Kris points at the red ghost to make sure that it is listening.

"Huh? Why, am I not allowed to?" the ghost asked in pure curiosity while looking at Kris.

"Because from what I suspected with my mom, nobody can see and possibly hear you. If they see me talking to you they will think that I've lost it!" Kris states in a semi-strict tone.

"I suppose so" the ghost responds "It'll get boring though" It sighs a bit.

"Yeah? Well, that's your problem" Kris gestures and opens the door to his classroom before the ghost could complain any further.

When Kris opened the door, the red ghost slowly and curiously started to observe the area, the room was full of different kinds of student monsters, one looked like a bird, one looked like a deer, and so forth. The ghost could hear what would seem like what they could assume was the teacher telling Kris something, yet the red ghost was too absorbed in looking around the room to fully listen to what the teacher was saying.

While looking around for an extended amount of time, the slam of the door suddenly opening echoed through the entire room which caught the attention of everyone including Kris and the red ghost. At the entrance of the door was a purple dinosaur-looking girl, she seemed taller than the rest of the students and her harsh, somewhat scary demeanor silenced the entire classroom.

"......Am I late?" her deep voice rumbled when she asked that question.

The teacher that was next to the door, stumbling over her words as she shakenly said that the student was not late but on time, even though that was an obvious lie. While the teacher stammered over her words, almost unintelligible due to how hard she was stuttering her words, she told the purple dinosaur who was named "Susie" that she was with Kris. In what context? The red ghost doesn't know due to not listening before this moment.

The teacher stumbled to the middle of the room where there was a chalkboard, scrambling to look for something, after a few minutes she said that there was no chalk and if anyone had stolen it. After a few moments of silence, the teacher shakingly sighs and asks Susie to get the chalk, she gruffs out a nod before exiting and slamming the door again. The teacher sighs a bit before turning to Kris and asking them to go follow Susie to make sure she gets it.

Kris groans a bit when tasked with this but goes along with it nonetheless, the red ghost follows behind them. Before reaching the door the ghost could have sworn it heard the students behind them saying not to die, which most likely made it worse if Kris heard that but when the ghost looked at Kris it seemed that they had no actual reaction to the comments.

Kris exits the classroom, closing the door. Not even two steps further, they catch Susie down the hall chowing down on what looks like a piece of chalk. "That doesn't look very healthy.." the red ghost comments but Kris doesn't respond, obviously ignoring them, they take one singular step forward before Susie quickly snaps her head towards where Kris is.

"Uh, We've been spotted...." the red ghost almost mutters as it seems like Susie is burning holes into the both of them, "yeah no shit, I can see that" Kris whisper yells somehow in slight irritation as Susie is still standing there across the hallway while both the red ghost and kris stand still, not knowing what to do in this situation.

"I wish I skipped school today..." Kris sounds completely done.